Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Chelsea and Afton moved in with the Denali Coven for a few weeks until they could find themselves somewhere to live. One morning, after seeing Renesmee and Jacob off to school I went upstairs to get Edward up. I passed Carlisle in the hall as he was on his way to work when we both heard a coughing fit. Wordlessly Carlisle followed me in to Edwards room as I picked him up.

"He's too warm." I noticed instantly.

"Let's see." Carlisle took the five year old Edward from me as he stopped coughing.

"Daddy, I don't feel well." Edward complained and I had to bite back a laugh.

"Why don't you feel well Edward?" Carlisle smiled.

"My neck hurts." Edward complained, "Look." He opened his mouth wide and Carlisle nodded.

"It's probably just a cold, which means you've got to have lots of sleep and do as your mom and sisters tell you." Carlisle smiled passing him back to me.

"What about Jazz and Emmet?" Edward asked.

"Just ignore them." I told him, "All they do is cause trouble."

"I heard that!" Emmet called downstairs.

"I will get some medicine from work, a shower might make him feel better as long as you dry his hair before he goes back to bed." Carlisle got up.

"I'm sure Alice won't mind taking care of that." I smiled, "Bye Carlisle."

"Bye bye daddy!" Edward exclaimed from my arms.

"Come on you, bath time." I carried him through to what had been our bathroom and sat him on the tiled floor before turning the bath on.

"Can I have bubbles?" Edward asked as I opened the cupboards.

"You can have whatever you want." I sighed as I emptied the last of the bubble bath in to the running water.

“Bella?” Edward asked as I took off his t-shirt that he had worn to bed.

“Yes?”

“Why are you alone?” He asked as I threw the top in to the laundry basket, “Alice is always with Jazzy, Mommy has Daddy, Rosie kisses Emmet a lot, Jake loves Nessie but what about you?” I heard Alice pause outside the door, listening and waiting for my reply.

“I’m waiting for someone very special.” I smiled as he coughed again and wandered if I should push it. 

“What about you?” I asked.

“I’m going to find a pretty girl and move somewhere sunny.” Edward smiled, “She’s going to be pretty like Mommy and Rosie.”

“I see.” I said quietly, “You wait here.” I got up and went out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me I sobbed as Alice hugged me and we sat down on my bed.

“He doesn’t know what he’s saying.” Alice told me, “He doesn’t remember.”

“I know.” I sighed and took a deep breath.

“Go and take a break. I’ll sort him out.” Alice smiled and got up going in to the bathroom.

“Why’s Bella sad?” Edward asked her, “Did I make her sad?”

“You didn’t mean to.” Alice smiled, “But it’s alright now.”

“I love Bella lots!” Edward exclaimed before coughing, “She’s the bestest sister I’ve got!”

“Is she now?” Alice laughed, I got up and grabbed a small bag out of my wardrobe before grabbing some clean clothes and running out of the house.