Chapter 32- Ness

Chapter 32

Ness

A few days after we arrived in Forks mom rang me, Carlisle had gone back earlier in the day but would be coming back in a few days for the pack meeting.

I lay back on the sofa, “Hey mom.”

“How’s things?” She asked, every day she had rung to see how Billy was and have a chat to check that I was okay.

I sighed, there hadn’t been any change yet, Jake hadn’t left the hospital since we had got here, “The same.”

Mom paused, I knew she was worried about Jake, she always worried about him, “Is he talking to you?”

She worried that he would become depressed and closed off from me.

“No,” I sighed, we talked well when I was there at the hospital with him. I frowned and sat up when I heard footsteps outside, “Mom, I’ll ring you back,” I told her, “There’s someone here.”

“Wha-” But I’d already hung up.

As I went to open the door it flew open and Jake wrapped his arms around me. I laughed and hugged him back, a little confused, “Jake? What are you doing back?”

Jake swung me around and laughed, “He’s awake!”

“That’s brilliant!” I leant down and kissed him with a smile, expecting it to be just a quick peck on the lips. I was surprised when he held my face to his and deepened the kiss. There was a feeling of butterflies in my stomach as I caught on — Jake suddenly wasn’t worried about anything, and this was the first time we had ever been truly alone together. I didn’t know if I was scared or excited.

My hand slipped up to his cheek, showing him how much I loved him. Jake chuckled as my legs wrapped around his waist. His hands held my thighs in support as he carried me over to the sofa and sat down so I was straddling his lap. He was, as usual, going shirtless. My hands rested on his broad chest and I pulled back, “Jake … are we going to …?”

He opened his eyes and reached up to caress my cheek, “Not if you don’t want to?”

I swallowed my fear and nodded, “I want to,” I paused, “I think.”

Jake pulled my face gently down to his again, “You only have to say the word and we don’t have to do any more.”

I nodded and smiled as I leant in to him again.

*

When I woke up Jake was snoring softly. He looked so relaxed and sweet, almost like a child. I gave him a gentle nudge, wondering if he would want to get back to the hospital for Billy. Jake moaned and stretched, a smirk spreading slowly across his lips as he looked down to me, “Good morning beautiful.”

He looked tired, as if this was the first decent nights sleep he had had since we had come here. I was about to tell him to go back to sleep when there was a banging on the bedroom door. I gasped and pulled the sheets over me as the handle turned.

“Mom!” I yelled, not pleased to see her for once, “Get out!”

She looked between Jake and I, Jake still processing what was going on. Mom ignored me and looked to him, “Shouldn’t you be at the hospital!?”

Jake frowned, “What?” 

“Mom,” I snapped at her, “Just go! We’ll get dressed and be down in a minute.”