๒๓ (23)

"mom, I don't want sausage," Jeno said.

He took a bite of an apple from the fridge and munched it. Then, he sat back at the kitchen counter.

Taeyong sighed, "no, you're going to eat whatever I cook for you," he said as he placed a plate full with sausages, mushrooms, bacon, an egg and fruit salad in front of Jeno. "—finish this,"

"I know both of you are not eating well when we weren't home,".

Teayong furrowed his brows when he looked at the two empty seats. Where were his husband and his eldest son?

"where is your dad? Your hyung?" he asked.

Jeno shrugged, still finding that his apple was the attractive thing ever, not bothering to eat his breakfast, "I saw them at the living room earlier," he said. "—mom, I want some orange juice,"

Taeyong rolled his eyes, then he took the apple from Jeno when the latter was about to take another bite of it.

"Jeno Jung, you're going to help me with the cleaning today, so eat as much as you can since you're going to use a lot of energy,"

Jeno raised his brow in confusion. There should be two names, he and Mark. Did his mom forget that he had two sons?

"Mark hyung?" he asked.

"your brother earns some downtime right now, but he will be getting the same penalty as you too," Taeyong reasoned.

He could tell that his oldest son lacked rest lately. He had been through that too, so he knew how bad it was.

As he was about to continue with the rambling, the doorbell rang. Taeyong looked at Jeno and smiled.

"Jeno, can you see who's coming?"

Jeno pouted and stood up. As his mom was back facing him, he took the sausage and threw it into the bin. He giggled as he padded to the door. If Taeyong asked, he would say that he ate that. As easy as that.

He opened the door to find his brother's mate in his pyjamas smiling widely at him.

"Jeno!" Haechan cried, breaking Jeno from his thought.

The Alpha grabbed Haechan's arms and pulled the Omega into a bear hug. 

"Why didn't you answer my call and text?" he pouted cutely at the Omega.

Maybe if Haechan saw that, he would be clowning him for a week, but lucky him, the Omega didn't see that. Then he sniffed into the Omega's neck.

"wow, you smell like Mark hyung," he teased the Omega.

"Anyway, what brings you here this early?" Jeno asked as he pulled away from the hug. "—still in your pyjamas,"

Haechan sighed. Jeno in his 'dad' mode was something, well, annoying? He wondered, how could Jaemin survive for a day without Jeno blabbering this and that.