Part 54

May is offically half way over, which means we graduate in only 6 days. It also means Grayson and I have to preform a play for hundreds of people in 5 days.

Lastly, it means we haven't seen Ethan in over three weeks.  He hasn't come back home but his Grayson mom and dad won't let me in or even tell us where he is.

The school hasn't taken any action, the teachers don't even acknowledge that he's not in class. 

"Miss. Arch! I called your name three times!" Ms.Caruthers calls me. I look up from my empty sketchbook and look around, everyone, including Grayson, is staring at me,

"I asked you and Grayson to practise for us," 

"Alright," I sigh and get up. Me and Grayson have to preform a scene everyday at the beginning of class so people can talk shit about how we did after and what we can improve on. 

Grayson hands me the part we have to preform and I realise we have to kiss in the scene. I knew all along we would have to do this but I didn't expect the first time in class. 

"No no no," I whisper freaked out. I notice Grayson look down sadly,

"It's not you,"

"Thats what they all say," he mutters and steps on stage. He instantly shifts his mood and we start performing.

When the kiss is supposed to happen Grayson holds my cheek and leans down. I quickly move my face to the right, not ready to have my friends watch us. 

"You guys did wonderful, Olivia you know you can't pull away on Friday," Ms.Caruthers scolds me. 

"I know, okay," I mutter and walk off the stage. I look at Sammy's empty seat knowing she would be snickering at me, I so wish I could grab her by her fake blonde hair and slam her nose into the desk.

I wish I could have done that just once. Kick Jake in the balls and bash her face in for the childhood they gave me. 

I'm hoping Death will send me home after the play or after graduation, I don't know what more he could want from me. 

"Why did you pull away? We need to get it over with?" Grayson whispers as Caruthers teaches. 

"Maybe because unlike you it will mean something to me," I grab my bag and walk out. I know Grayson enough to know he'll follow me trying to get an explaination. 

"What the fuck Olivia?" Grayson yells following me, knew it. I walk outside school and acrossed the street without looking at him.

He catches up and grabs my shoulder turning me around,

"Stop it! What do you mean by that?" 

"I didn't mean anything..." I tell him getting nervous. I acted confident and impulsive when I first said what I did. I knew this scenario would come up.

I'm only just starting to like him but since reading his diary I need to step it up and pretend it's something more. But now I'm terrified it really will be more, but knowing my luck Death will send me home as soon as anything changes. 

"Bullshit! What are you talking about?" He stares down at me. 

"I don't want our first kiss to be in front of our class. Or onstage, I wanted...it to be special," I wing my answer, nice method acting there Liv. 

"Special?" He looks at me confused. Shit...did he get over me? Am I too late? 

"Uh...y-yeah?" I stutter nervous. 

"Do you like me?" He asks in shock. 

Well fuck. 

"Yeah," I nod. He backs away and he sits on a bench still looking at me shocked,

"Gray?" 

"I've wasted so long not telling you..." he looks down and hides his face in his hands. 

"Telling me?" I act confused and set my hand on his shoulder. 

"I really, really like you Olivia," he looks up at me shyly. 

"You do?" I sit next to him and he nods. I smile and gently kiss his cheek like I've done many times before but this time it's different for both of us. 

"D-do you wanna go on a date? With me?" He asks nervous and I nod giggling. 

"Wanna go now?" He asks excited all of a sudden. 

"Sure Gray," I laugh as he stands and he takes my hand pulling me off the bench. 

"Lets go Liv!" He laughs and pulls me to his car.