Chapter Seventeen: Sir Nighteye

(Y/N) Todoroki

"You want me to WHAT!?"

    "I want you to come meet Sir Nighteye!"

    I stand in front of Midoryia and Togata, the blonde-haired boy has asked if I would like to meet Nighteye, the pro hero that worked under All Might.

    "I guess?" I reply.

    "Great!" Togata yells, turning away while grabbing Midoryia and I's arms, "Then let's go talk to All Might!"

    Soon now the three of us sit on a couch in front of the former pro hero.

    "I could introduce Midoryia and Todoroki to Sir, right?" Togata asks, wrapping his arms around us. "Wait, why do you need me to cushion the exchange? He'd be thrilled to hear from you personally. He's been watching your videos."

    All Might sighs, "Honestly, I'm too ashamed to show him my face. In the end, things turned out exactly as he forewarned they would."

    Midoryia's face contorts, and even though I sped through the manga because I love to watch more than read, I remember this moment. Togata was originally going to earn the power of one for all, and Nighteye saw that All Might was going to die eventually.

    "Anyways, what do you think of these two?" All Might asks.

    "Well, Midoryia what kind of hero do you want to be?" Togata asks, I smile at the green-haired boy.

    "I want to help with a smile, no matter the need, and no matter how many. Never giving others a reason to worry, winning and saving the day, beyond any doubt. I want to be the greatest hero. And that's why I have to get stronger." Midoryia replies.

    "And Todoroki, what kind of hero do you want to be?"

    What kind of a hero do I want to be? I was only following the storyline up until now. I was trying to get home. Who do I want to be here? Do I want to continue on this path or should I just..no.

    "I want to be the kind of hero that makes sure everyone is okay." I respond, "I want to be the hero who saves the day, someone who everyone can depend on. I want to be a great hero as well."

    Togata chuckles, "You both have crazy goals, but I have no reason to refuse so okay!"

    "Oh my god, thank you!" Midoryia squeals.

    "I think sir might like you both anyways." the boy responds.

    When the weekend came, Midoryia and I raced out of the dorm rooms and headed to the train station. We catch our train to Sir Nighteye's offices, and arrive an hour later.

    "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Sir's got very strict standards." Togata says, as the three of us are about to enter the building.

    "I'm well aware." Midoryia replies, "He's a famously stoic hero who's no only strict with others, but also with himself, and it shows in his work. That sharp glance can startle me even just from watching him through a screen."

    The blonde boy beside us chuckles, "He can be like that. But Sir's actually got another face that he doesn't show the media. So if you two don't wanna get turned away at the door..then sometime between when you first meet and when you're finished talking. You've gotta make him laugh at least once."

    I giggle at Midoryia's confused face.

    "Sure, Sir looks like a grumpy-puss but despite that, or maybe because of it, he respects humor above everything else. Introducing you is all I can do. It's Sir who'll decide whether he can use you two or not. I wanna help but, the only way is for you to get Sir to acknowledge you by your own efforts." Togata continues, as we walk through the halls of the building.