Chapter Thirty-Four: Nightmares

Play Spring by Hisaishi Joe (Butterfly Theme)

    (Y/N) doesn't wake up in Recovery Girl's room right away.

    In her small coma-like state, her mind is racing. She dreams of seeing her real-life parents again, having them hug her tightly like they used to do when she was young. Except as her mother and father stand in a smoky hallway, and (Y/N) rushes towards them, a dark shadow appears and kills both of her parents. The (E/C)-eyed girl stares at their dead bodies in pure terror.

    The dark figure that killed them smiles, "Next, you'll watch your friends die."

    An image of class 1-A appears next to the figure, they're all smiling without a care in the world.

    "They're only supposed to know me, not you." the figure continues, "You aren't even supposed to exist in this world, I am."

    Confused, (Y/N) tries to speak out, but she cuts herself off when the figure steps into the light to reveal themselves.

    A twin of (Y/N) stands in front of the real (Y/N), and their smirk is even scarier than seeing her parents get murdered.

    "I'll see you soon, me." the imposter grins, and suddenly the real (Y/N) wakes up in the nurse's office.

    Bandages and monitors surround her, and she realizes that her breathing is very rapid and her heart is beating extremely quick as well. She takes a few deep breaths, and lays back down on the white bed. She stares up at the ceiling and starts wondering about the dream that she had while asleep.

    "Oh goodness, you're awake!" (Y/N) looks over to see Recovery Girl and Aizawa.

    "Hey, yeah, how long have I been out?" She asks.

    "You've been asleep for a week!" the nurse responds, "We were all worried sick! Do you remember anything that happened before you passed out?"

    (Y/N) stares at the floor, and starts thinking, "I remember becoming the number one hero, and then I started getting really bad stomach pains and then..." the image of the kagune flashes in her mind, and she feels sick again, "then there was this..thing on my back. I know what it's called, but..I thought it was just a rumored quirk, not a real one."

    "(Y/N), do you remember anything about what the League of Villains might've done to you while you were brainwashed?" Aizawa asks.

    "Not really, I remember being given that weapon quirk, but nothing other than that." She responds, "It's entirely possible though."

    "I think you do have that rumored quirk, (Y/N)." Recovery Girl says, "Otherwise it wouldn't have appeared out of nowhere, and you were in lots of pain. I attempted to see if there was some type of growth on you from a villain's quirk but, I only found sacs of cells. I discovered they're called RC cells, they can help you create those...kagunes. You have enough RC cells to use each type of kagune, you are very powerful. But, you may want to get to that new quirk before you try to fight with it."

    Aizawa nods, "It seems that you're okay now, if you'd like to join class, you're welcome to do so tomorrow. Go on home and talk to your family. Todoroki hasn't been at school or in the dorms since you passed out."

    (Y/N) nods, deciding to not mention the strange dream she had.

She walks home alone, wondering about her new quirk. What if there are more? What else did the League of Villains do to me while I was brainwashed? She thinks about this until she approaches the Todoroki household, she opens the door and shuts it behind her. Immediately, she can hear the loud stomping of footsteps.