Chapter Eighteen: Kai Chisaki

(Y/N) Todoroki

"Today we'll be conducting both patrol and surveillance work. Bubblegirl will stay with me, while Mirio, Midoryia, and (Y/N) will form their own group." Sir Nighteye explains.

    "Surveillance?" Midoryia repeats.

    Bubblegirl giggles, "Nighteye offices are in the middle of a secret investigation."

    "We're tracking a small group of villains named the 'eightfold cleansers,'" has Nighteye adds, pulling a picture out of his pocket, "The caption in this photo, a man named 'Chisaki' has begun to display some odd actions."

    Midoryia takes the picture, "A group of yakuzas..but nowadays those kinds of people are lying low, or at least that's their image."

    Bubblegirl nods, "Yeah, because way back they were pretty much dismantled. But this 'Chisaki' guy started reassembling them for some reason. They even made contact with the League of Villains recently. We don't know any details though."

    Midoryia lets out a terrified squeak.

    "But direct evidence of him plotting evil remains elusive. As such, they're a grey, very near black, but nevertheless, we can't treat them like villains," Nighteye adds, "What my offices are after is proof of criminal activity from them..while never attracting their suspicion."

    So Togata, Midoryia, and I walk around the area. Suddenly I can hear someone running, I turn aroudn just in time to see Overhaul and Eri. She doesn't see me though, and runs straight into my legs.

    "Are you alright, Eri?" I whisper, but I guess its too loud.

    "How the hell do you know my daughter's name?" Overhaul asks, as I help Eri off the ground.

    "I know a lot of this, Kai Chisaki." I reply, holding the girl close.

"I'm not from this world, and there's lots of things that I know."

    His face contorts, but he decides to ignore our entire conversation from there, "This is the first time I've seen you two. Well obviously, I know who (Y/N) Todoroki is. Your father is Endeavor, correct?"

    I let myself nod.

    "Yep, we're still new so we're all nervous!" Togata responds, "All right, stand up (Y/N). Let's go face the unknown future!"

    "What offices are you with?" Overhaul questions.

    "We're still students! In fact, we're still such fledglings that it'd be presumptuous to even think of being with an office right now. We're just being allowed to patrol around for a little for our workplace experience, that's all," Togata replies, "Right, then we've gotten keep patrolling the area until noon. Time to go!"

    He pulls on my hero suit, but I know what's happened to Eri and what will happen if we don't save her now.

    "No." I reply flatly.

    Togata's face contorts, he stares at me, with an expression of fear plastered on his face. He doesn't want me to show too much suspicion. I only flash him a reassuring smile. Eri's grip tightens on my suit but I keep my head high.

    "So your daughter," I begin, "What's with the bandages?"

    Overhaul keeps his eyes on me, watching my movements, "As I said earlier, she was playing recklessly and hurt herself."

    "These aren't the bandages you get from horsing around." I respond, "I know your quirk, Chisaki. I know what Eri's quirk is. I know what you're doing to her."