Chapter One

You were finally back in your old town, a big part of you wishing you weren't. You had been moved temporarily by your family to get proper training until they would allow you to go back to school. Unlike other kids you weren't just there to learn, you were there to find out the deepest secrets of your classmates and if they fit the description you had etched in your brain well... Then they had to be hunted down. You had to render them harmless, usually meaning killing them.
You had never stood up against your family and what they stood for, what you had been born to do. A legacy. And you had always thought you were prepared for it all. That was until you were forced to drive a bullet through your friend, Minhyuk. You didn't want to admit the truth, that he was a werewolf, until it was far too late. You family had had you cornered. You had been forced to go through with it. After that something within you changed and your family sent you away to get training, leaving your classmates behind with the impression that you left to deal with the grief of losing your only friend. Partially, this was true. But just like you had pushed away any evidence of Minhyuk being a wolf, you had convinced yourself you would return better. Return to your town and do what you were supposed to. Be the hunter your family needed you to be.

Your first day back was quite boring, which was a relief. No one spared you a second glance and you blended in better than you could ever have hoped.
That was, until lunch. You sat down in the spot you used to sit with Minhyuk on, a pang of sadness lingering in your chest. There was a group of people in front of you suddenly, their glares feeling like they would burn holes in your skin.
"This is our table, you need to find your own, new girl." One of them spoke. You stared back at them, raising one eyebrow.
"This was my spot before it was yours. Either way, I'm not moving so piss off."
Before you could react, one of the guys had flung your tray over you, food going down the front of your shirt. Your mouth hung open as you tried to stop yourself from beating every single one of their sorry asses. Slowly you moved to wipe your face with the back of your hand.
The girl who had spoken earlier gave a curt laugh.
"Maybe you should have listened, and not been so rude." she smirked. You couldn't stop yourself; your hand flew out towards her face in such speed you knew there was no way she'd have time to react.
But still, your fist stopped before it reached her face. Someone had your wrist in a steady grip, and when you glanced to the side you met eyes with a beautiful boy. He had the most wonderful facial features. Smooth skin, soft rounded features, plump pink lips and prominent eyebrows. He smiled softly towards you before gently taking your hand in his, lowering them down.
"That was unnecessary of you." He said in an annoyed manner, staring each of the people in the group down before turning to you. His eyes, in fact his whole expression, softened as his gaze met yours. "Come on. I have a spare shirt in my locker that you can borrow"

That's how you ended up in a sweater that smelled sweet and floral, no doubt the scent being from the handsome stranger that had helped you out.
"Thank you" was all you could say, giving him a kind smile. The first one that hadn't been forced in a long time. He grinned back.
"It's no problem! Those people back there are so childish ugh. Ridiculously childish. My name's Seokjin by the way." He turned to you and leaned against the lockers in an awfully attractive way. "Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin though. Are you new?"
Your heart fluttered at his suddenly enthusiastic behavior but you suffocated the excitement before it got too much.
"I used to go here before but I left for a few months. I'm Y/N." you simply introduced yourself. He shook your hand, the corners of his eyes crinkling up as he smiled. "Hey Jin, tell me are you against skipping class? Because I know this place that makes the best milkshakes and I think I owe you after helping me out like that."
"You don't owe me anything but.. Yaah... Milkshakes does sounds amazing right now. Let's run for it!"

You spent the rest of the day with Kim Seokjin, hitting it off almost immedietly. He was funny and sweet, filling the silences with jokes and compliments. When you had finished your milkshakes, you had walked to this park near the woods where you had talked about interests and hobbies. You found out he played the piano, and you talked to him about your love for running. It didn't matter how and when, you loved the feeling of the wind in your hair and your loose clothes, you loved how free it made you feel. You exchanged numbers as it began to get dark, and he promised you could sit with him and his friends at lunch the day after. You thanked him several more times, your body feeling all warm. It was as if you had known him for years already.