Chapter Three

"Are you okay?" was this the part where you lie, tell him you were fine and just missed him. It wasn't exactly a lie. You always missed him. Or did you tell him the truth, that you felt like a prisoner in your own home and being outside of home didn't help much? It felt better sure, but like you still had chains around your ankles connected to your parents and your past.

"No, not really. My parents are nagging on me. They expect me to take over the uhm... family business. Become like them, you know? And they think me spending time with you is didtracting me from my studies" you found yourself saying. Jin frowned.

"I'm sorry I'm making your relationship with your parents difficult but to be honest they kind of sound like stuck up assholes" he admitted. You were dumbfounded for a moment before you started laughing.

"Yeah, they are. Honestly, being friends with you is worth it." you smiled, a pang of sadness in your chest as you said the word friend. "I suppose they're worried too," you mumbled more quietly.

"Worried? Do they think I'm going to hurt you because I would never-"

You cut him off. "No. No, it's just something that happened last year. My friend, Minhyuk was found dead. He was my only friend, and it left me kind of broken. They fear the story is repeating itself but... I really don't think it is"
You took a sip of your drink as Jin gaze wandered over your face. He looked confused. 

"Sorry, I suppose this is where I'm supposed to cry, right? I feel numb thinking about him and what happened, my emotions are a mess when it comes to him," you mumbled. Jin reached out to grab your hand in his before giving you a supportive smile.

"You can't change your feelings. I'm sorry about what happened to him, Minhyuk was it? It must have been awful to go through that. I promise the history won't repeat itself, okay? I'm not going anywhere." he spoke in a manner that wasn't overly cheerful, but still positive enough to make you focus on the future rather than the awful past. You didn't know what came over you, but before you could stop yourself you had pressed your lips onto his. When you realized what you were doing you pulled back, shock apparent on your face.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just made things weird didn't I?" you rambled, too scared to look at him again.
He chuckled, touching your cheek gently to make you look up. His ears were tinted red but he had a smile on his face.

"It's okay, don't worry. I told you, I'm not going anywhere. We're friends, right?" he asked. Just like you had hesitated when calling him your friend, he seemed to choke on the same word in the same way. Maybe you were just projecting your own feelings onto him.
You were snapped out of your thoughts by a familiar voice. Your mother. You grabbed Jin and hid behind him, ducking your head.

"You need to sneak me out of here" you hissed. "She's going to kill me if she finds me here with you"

Jin glanced in the direction you had your attention, eyes falling upon your dear mother making her way towards the counter. She moved to lean over it, calling the bartender. You moved to stay behind Jin's form the whole time. He stood up and slowly backed against the door and when you were close enough, he grabbed you hand and dragged you with him as he began running.
You quickly sped up, running blindly with his hand still in yours. The feeling of the wind in your hair, it was as if a weight had been lifted from your shoulders. The euphoric feeling grew in your chest as you arrived at a field, stumbling over your feet and ending up rolling around on the ground. Jin screamed in surprise.

"Oh my god, Y/N! Are you okay?" he screamed, panicking until he heard you laugh. You sat up, hair and clothes dishevelled but with a grin on your face.

"My whole body hurts but I can't remember the last time I was this happy" you giggled, tears forming in your eyes. 

"Do you know how tragic you sound?" Jin laughed as he sat down opposite you in the grass. 

"Yeah" your laugh faltered, turning into a smile instead. "Thanks for making my life feel less tragic, Kim Seokjin." 

You sat there with him in the grass, just talking for over an hour. You knew it'd be hard sneaking back in when you got home but figured you'd be able to avert their suspicions by telling them you couldn't sleep and went on a run or something. It wasn't exactly a lie, was it?