Chapter Twenty Nine

Jimin had his knees against his chest, his chin resting atop his legs as he held them tightly in place with his arms. He swallowed thickly as he looked up again after a long, stuffy silence.

"Yoongi" he spoke. The older shuffled over to him, sinking down at his side with a questioning glance. "I don't like this"

Yoongi pushed his fingers through his hair as he sighed.

"I know. But Namjoon gave an order and we have to trust that our alpha makes the best decisions for us."

Jimin reached out an arm and wrapped it reluctantly around Yoongi. He was scared Yoongi would shy away from his touches, but instead, Yoongi held him in his arms with Jimin's face resting against the crook of his neck.

"I just feel really bad for hyung" he mumbled. Yoongi rubbed his back.

"Yeah"

There was a row of thuds; footsteps down the stairs. Jeongguk's messy hair came into view. He had a small cut on his cheek, flakes of dried blood he hadn't had time to clean off in trails down his face. He looked between the pair before seemingly snapping back to his senses.

"Namjoon wants Jimin to come with him to an emergency meeting with the hunters' council" he spoke. Jimin slowly rose.

"Why not Yoongi" he retorted a bit hesitantly, however he did take a few steps towards the stairs. Yoongi was in his eyes a better fighter and more used to the world around him, he was better at keeping cool in stressful situations. At least on the outside. Jimin was scared to accidentally show weakness, but he remembered Yoongi's words on having to trust Namjoon's judgement. Especially in moments like this, and that's why he trailed after Jeongguk with one last glance at the locked door he had previously rested his back against.

Yoongi slid the key out of his pocket and inserted it in the big padlock. It was the one thing keeping the door shut, but since the door itself was a thick and heavy one it was enough. He dropped the padlock to the floor with a thud, pushing the door open but quickly stepping inside and closing it behind him. The room he had stepped into was a simple one. The dim lighting made the small space look even smaller, the only furniture in the room being a metal bed and in one of the corners some currently unused shackles. In another one of the corners sat one Kim Seokjin. Cowered, may have been a better word. He was squeezed up as if trying to shrink into nothingness, arms around his head to hide his face.

Yoongi sat down next to him on the floor. The older had to have known he had arrived as the door made a squeaking noise and his steps had been anything but silent, however, Jin didn't look up nor spoke in a long time.

When he did it was apparent he had been crying. After all, why wouldn't he have been? He had been lied to. Manipulated and locked up against his will.

"Anything?" he choked out.

"Nothing yet" Yoongi answered softly.

The worst part was that every single member of the pack understood Jin's anger, sadness and frustration. It didn't help. Because humans could be part of werewolves' lives', but you had been a hunter. And a hunter's fate was not supposed to mix with one of a wolf's. It complicated everything.

"Since the first time I saw her in the cafeteria I had a strong urge to protect her like... I know she's trained... I know she's not weak, but... I... Just..." Jin had started crying again, and no matter how much he tried to keep his tone steady or his lips from trembling the tears streamed down his face. Yoongi gently grabbed his hand.

"Do you think she's still alive?" he asked. Jin met Yoongi's eyes for a split second before nodding.

"I know she is. I should know if she's not... Right?" the volume of his voice faltered as quick as his confidence throughout that sentence. Yoongi was quick to reassure him though.

"Then let's trust that for now. Namjoon took Jimin and Taehyung to negotiate with the Animus Council. They will need us if something goes wrong."