Chapter Twenty Eight

You doubted you would have even been close to as bad as this if Jin had been there with you. You wanted to find him, you wanted him to hold you in his arms. To know he was alright. Safe. A little bit of strength got back to you thinking of him and so you grabbed Minho's phone again. You looked a bit closer on the lock screen. It had previously just seemed like a blur to you, but now you recognised it. It was a picture of a blurry polaroid photo. One that Minho had taken when you were on a swing-set as kids visiting your cousins. It had been one of those rare good memories the both of you had clung to, so even if your parents didn't understand how special that photo had been to Minho, even if you had told him a little bit disappointed that it wasn't a very good photo, he had kept it on the wall above his bed until he moved out of the house. With shaky fingers, you entered your own birthdate. The phone unlocked onto an open message conversation. 'Sister' the contact name read with a smiley face after. Maybe he had more of the older brother you remembered from your childhood left within him that you had given him credit for. You noticed soon that he had been in the middle of writing you another message when the phone had been mindlessly thrown to the side.

"You need to run forget about us they won't hhesitate to hurt you ple ase go

remember I loijhkn"

You choked up, the voices of your parents' disappointment ringing louder in your ears. Minho hadn't killed Mahiro. Minho was dead. You finally emptied the contents of your stomach onto the floor, the panic and fear finally taking over your body completely. Us. Minho had not been alone in the house.

You felt grief, and you partially wanted to blame it for clouding your judgement and thoughts, but it wasn't what to blame for your actions next. You were scared, it was as simple as that. That's why you threw your dead brother's phone back onto the bed and walked out of the house. There was no one there, you were still awfully alone. You weren't sure you would have noticed anyone if anyone would have been there either way. Because of fear, you made your way to the nearest road, noticing a bus stop. You left everything behind you in your hometown and took the first bus that drove by, only getting off when the driver told you he wouldn't go any further. You stayed in a motel that night, exhaustion and pain coursing through your body, and for the first time in a long time, you forced yourself to push away every thought of Kim Seokjin. There were no tears left to cry; you had cried them all on the road. Now, all you could do was let yourself pass out on top of the shabby bed covers and later; wake up with a bad headache to accompany your heartache.