Chapter Eighteen

You woke with a shiver, your duvet swept to the side and an empty spot next to you. Panic rose in your chest before you could even process the situation, pulling the oversized hoodie Jin had borrowed you when you first met over your naked body. You were quick out of your room, wrapping your arms around your body as you looked for any sign of Jin. It was a school day. He wouldn't just leave you like that.

The scent of freshly made pancakes hit your face as you got closer to the kitchen.

Jin turned to you with a frown, placing his hand on your cheek when he got to you. Your shoulders fell down in relief, a long deep breath leaving your body.

"Hey, are you okay? There's no need to be stressed, especially not when I, the wonderful Seokjin is here." he joked with a smile but still eyes full of concern.

"I thought my brother had killed you or something. I am allowed to feel scared. And can you guys really smell emotions like that?" you ranted. Jin leaned over and kissed your forehead.

"Well I mean kind of, but with you, it's more than that. It's like... I can feel that something is wrong. Like when I called yesterday I could feel you... Panicking"

He turned and gestured towards the plate of pancakes. "But enough of that, you can ask questions later. I made breakfast for you. I think your rude brother is still sleeping"

You nodded with a smile and made the table quickly. Glancing at the clock you found it to be earlier than you had expected. As if reading your mind, Jin answered your confusion when he joined you at the table.

"I'm taking you back to our house. There are some things I need to sort out with the pack and I think you should be there. Then we'll go to school all of us afterwards."

You could only nod and hum as you stuffed your face with the amazing pancakes, a sigh of delight leaving your lips as you leaned back in your chair with a smile.

Minho joined you when you were already finished.

"You can take the rest of the pancakes, they're on the stove," Jin told him. Minho raised his eyebrows, walking over to them without looking at Jin at all.

"You have trained him well, sis. Who would have known a werewolf would be a good pet to keep" he joked. Jin let out a low, annoyed growl, glaring at his back. You shook your head with a sigh, not going to argue with him as you didn't want to test him. He had been very tolerant about Jin staying around and in all honesty, you were scared he was just waiting to find out who the rest of the pack were so he could take them all at once.

"We're leaving, you don't have to pick me up after school either. I'll see you later, Minho."

"Okay, stay safe, Y/N. Take good care of my sister or I'll kill you! " Minho called out after the two of you.

You wrapped your hand around Jin's wrist to tug him with you out of the apartment, after putting on your shoes and jackets. Jin muttered something about your brother but you didn't bother ask what. You probably agreed with Jin's statement either way.

"Are we going to walk there?" you asked. He steered for the woods, turning towards you whilst fiddling slightly with his fingers.

"We can, unless... Well, I could turn and then carry you. It'd be quicker." he seemed a bit nervous asking and you reached out to tug at one of his soft cheeks with a grin.

"That'd be really cool," you told him. His face softened as he stepped back, tugging his shirt over his head.

"You should... Maybe turn away" he instructed and you pouted. "Come on, turn around"

You ended up doing as he wanted in the end, hearing the snaps of his bones behind you. Even if you wanted nothing more than to turn around and look at him you kept yourself with your back towards him until you felt something nudge against you. You spun around coming face to face with a wolf the height of a human, onyx fur and big kind eyes. Jin hesitated, simply looking at you with his head turned down. Your hand reached out to touch the spot between his eyes, softly dragging your fingers through his fur up to rest between his ears. He moved to nuzzle his nose against your neck like he had done many times before in his human form. You were too mesmerized with the wolf in front of you, you couldn't form words. It wasn't needed though as Jin soon leaned down, nudging you towards his back as if indicating for you to climb up. You realized he had left his clothes on the ground so you quickly grabbed them and put them in your bag. At first, you felt a bit scared, not of him but because you didn't want to hurt him. Then, he was flying through the air, zapping between the trees as you held on to his fur with your arms around his beck as well as you could.

It was wonderful, and as the nature around you mixed into a blur you couldn't help but think this gave you the same freedom you felt as when you yourself ran. This. It made you feel happy and alive. You let out a giggle, burying your face into Jin's fur. You could have sworn it wasn't just your happiness you felt, it was almost as if your feelings melted together with the one carrying your weight on his back. It felt... Euphoric.