Chapter Four

You had your eyes focused on your plate of food, aggressively shoving it into your mouth as if it was the last meal you'd ever eat.
Someone snapped their fingers in front of your face, making you jump, accidentally stabbing your fork into the table. Everyone around the table quieted down.

"Ah you scared me, Hoseok" you choked out, ripping the fork out of the stiff material before rubbing your face. It had been three days since Jin had been to school. Three days since he began ignoring your messages, even though you could see him reading them. Every time you asked his friends they avoided the question. You didn't want to pry too much; to annoy them. They were nice enough to let you hang out with them so you didn't have to be alone. They had even begun talking to you like you were one of them. It was weird that they hadn't done that before, but now suddenly when Jin was gone...

"Don't worry too much about Jin, okay? I'm sure he has his reasons." Namjoon spoke over the table, calmly meeting your gaze before turning his attention back to his food.

"It's not just that, I have this...Family thing tonight that I'm dreading" you mumbled against your hands, leaning to rest your forehead against the surface. Jimin who sat on the opposite side of you from Hoseok gently pat your back.

"You should eat well then. You'll need the energy"

Everyone went back to their food, including you. You knew Jimin was right. You weren't going to get any sleep either so it was the least you could do.

Your fingers grasped at the material of the bag you had not opened since you came back to town. You sighed, zipping it open and wrapping your hands around the sleek mask, placing it on your face before tying it harshly at the back if your head. It was as if a switch had flipped inside of you. A switch that disconnected you from your emotions. Your hands found the knife in your bag and you felt it in your hands, moving it from one to the other and back to get used to it.

You moved past your parents who called positive affirmations after you as if you were about to go compete in your first spelling bee, not like you were about to infiltrate the home of unsuspecting people and slaughter them as they slept.

"Good luck, darling," they said. "We know you'll do great. Remember to look for clues about other packs, yeah?"

Breathe in, breathe out.
You were trained for this.
You went to the park you had gone to with Jin the first day you met him. Resting on the swing set you saw a familiar silhouette. You began walking towards him, fiddling with the knife as he stood up to meet you.

"I've missed you, little sister." he tilted his head. The grotesque animal-like mask on his face would have been disturbing to most people, but it didn't faze you what so ever. It was familiar, even if it wasn't a good familiarity.

"Hi, Minho. Let's get this over with, shall we?"

"I hope all that training changed you because I won't save your ass if you fuck up," Minho spoke, a slight tint of teasing to his fully serious statement. You pretended not to hear him and kept moving through the woods in the direction you had been instructed.

"How many are they?" you asked, the old-timey house towering in front of you.

"Dad said eight. I'm sure I can handle most of them myself though, you can have one if you want little sis."

You gave him a blank stare which he laughed at. Next thing you knew he had picked the lock to the front door and grabbed the tank of gasoline he had been carrying. You wanted to tell him arson would just drag more attention to the whole thing but realized, either way, the authorities would find the bodies. You kept quiet and did what you had been trained to do. Follow your brother as you went through the rooms looking for information, Minho getting rid of the werewolves. When you had found the information you could find; barely anything at all, you moved to the last room down the corridor. You were met with a deviation; an empty bed. In a mess of fur and teeth, a big something tackled you from the side, pinning you to the floor and making your knife slide across the floor. The teeth of the beast grazed your neck, terrifyingly close to breaking your skin.

Soon the form on top of you wasn't a wolf anymore. It was an unfamiliar young man.

"I'm going to rip you apart" his voice was dangerously low as he pushed you harshly against the floor. It was no question which one of you were stronger. No matter how much you struggled you couldn't get free. His hands moved to pin yours above your head, his other hand going under your shirt, nails digging into your soft breast which made you squirm in pain. Suddenly he froze, scrunching his face up slightly. He leaned over, almost as if he was smelling you and his eyes darkened. You met Minho's judgemental gaze over his shoulder.

"Brother" you spoke, more to distract the wolf than expecting your older brother to actually help you. You took this opportunity to rip one hand out of his grip, getting a hold of the knife. You didn't stop the stabbing motion, over and over, until you were completely covered with splattered blood and the limp body of the werewolf laying heavy and lifeless on top of you.

"Let's light this place up and leave" Minho only said, turning on his heel as you struggled to heave the body off you and get up. Who the hell had that guy been and why had he acted like he somehow knew you?