Chapter Thirty

You wiped your sweaty palms against your pants, still dizzy from waking up so abruptly. Nightmares weren't something new to you but you had gotten used to them being milder after Jin had come into your life. You had this heavy feeling in your gut and at this point, your mind had almost convinced you that the pack was broken. It just had to be. You swung your legs over the edge of the bed, your feet hitting the cold floor. The bathroom wasn't that bad considering how shabby the motel had looked from the outside, and the shower was fairly clean. Not that it being dirty would have stopped you from washing off the dried blood on your hands and arms. You tried not to think too much about exactly whose blood it was because either way it had to be from someone you cared about. It wasn't until you felt that you were about as clean as you would get you stepped out, but finding your clothes you felt as if someone had squeezed your heart harshly and you choked on your breath.

There was nothing you could do but to put the hoodie on. Thankfully it was dark. Incase there was blood on it, you could at least not see the hypothetical spots.

Since you didn't have anything else with you, you could simply leave after that. You looked through your wallet and realised you had very little money left. There was no way you could go back home now even if you wanted to. And did you even have a home to go back to? Home wasn't a place. It was a person.