Chapter 23

"Here you are" said Catarina and shaked Alecs hand "I'm finally meet you", "good to know you", Catarina nodded "great, now remove your shirt", Alec froze, "I'm here to investigate you, am I?", Alec nodded, removed his shirt and layed on the spot where her patients were. She gave Magnus a look "a Lightwood? Really Magnus?", "This time is different", Catarina rolled her eyes and pink sparks came out of her fingers, she started to scan Alec with her magnus but Alec flinched "s-stop it hurts", Catarina stopped and looked closer at the parabatai rune "hmm it should fade away or at least leave a scar but it shouldn't bother you", "But it does, it bleed very often and it burns", Catarina took a little bottle from her locker and gave it to Alec "I can't investigate you while you awake because it hurt you, when you drink this, you fall asleep for one or two hours, that bring me enough time to look closer at your problem", Alec frowned at the bottle and looked at Magnus who nodded, Alec grabbed the bottle and drank from it. It tasted sweet. Magnus stood up and sat before Alec to look at him upside down, "it may be unpleasant at first for you, I'm here", "thanks" Alec took magnus hand and closed his eyes. After five minutes Alec fell asleep and Magnus soothingly stroked Alecs hair. Catarina came back and shaked her head "is the sleeping beauty finally asleep?", "i love him, Catarina", "You loved Gabriel too", "You don't understand, Alec is different, he really is", "You know, I don't believe in love anymore", "But i do" he softly brushed over Alecs hair "I don't think I can live without him", "That sounds discussingly romantic, stay away for me with this", "I can't watch him suffer, he still cant let go of his parabatai and-", "do you really think that this is the only reason why he's suffering?", "What?", "come on Magnus, Don't be a fool, only a broken heart can make such a wound", Magnus felt like something in him broke "you think he's..Inlove with him?", "he was maybe in love but it's in the past, he loves you now", "mhh", "You can't blame him for being heartbroken", "i know, we all had our demons that eaten up our hearts" he kissed Alecs forehead.