PART III

"Your highness, please stay still. I can't properly zip the back of your dress".

"Sorry, Ana. I'm just anxious to know what my betrothed look like", Mara said to her personal handmaiden who was busy helping her getting dress to welcome the Prince of Saecots.

Her nana was already old and senile, that's why they decided to let her rest and find a replacement to assists the princess in everything. She chose to live in the nearby village eventhough the princess and the king insisted to let her stay in the castle but the elder was hard to convince.

So they let her have her way and gave her a caretaker. The princess would visit her every now and then.

"I'm sure his handsomeness matched your beauty, princess", Ana said.

"Oh shush. Your making my head bigger", Mara teased.

A knock on the door interrupted them. Ana went to the door and talked with the handmaiden who relayed a message.

"Your highness, the king requests for your presence. The Saecots have already arrived", Ana stated.

Mara stood up and fixed her dress, to lessen her uneasiness, "How do I look?".

"You look gorgeous as always, princess", Ana beamed.

King Linus chose her dress to make her more appealing to their guests. The long dress was red as a rose and the texture of it was silky smooth that hugged her body.

Mara giggled knowing that her handmaiden was trying her best to make her forget why she was nervous

"I'm ready", the princess took a deep sigh before following Ana out of the room and into the king's hall.

"There you are, my dear", King Linus' voice reverberated inside the hall making all present turn to her. She composed herself, mustering all the courage to face the unfamiliar faces of the guests.

Mara went to her father's side after giving him a curtsy, ignoring the looks that they gave her. She knew that some were admiration and some were curiosity.

"Your highness, Princess Mara, I would like to present King Aphid of Saecotora, the kingdom of the Enchanted Vale", their advisor introduced the young man with blond hair to Mara. Well, obviously all the Saecots have blond manes. He was wearing a very fine suit that enhances his masculinity and handsomeness.

King Aphid stepped forward and Princess Mara did the same, making them face to face in the middle of the hall with everyone's attention on them.

"I have been waiting for this moment to meet you, my lady", the prince said.

"I'm honored, your highness or rather your Majesty", she corrected as the rank of the prince is now a king, and raised her hand to give him a handshake but was surprised when the prince kissed it instead.