Part XLI

Tears escaped from the dragon’s eyes before closing them.

Yoongi was crestfallen as he saw Namjoon’s misery. The tears that fell on Mara’s cheek were proof that his cousin will never be the same again after this. All he could do was pat the dragon and somehow let it feel his compassion.

He heard a soft intake of breath and wasn’t quite sure if he was imagining it but decided to glance once again at the princess. To his amazement, he witnessed the slow rise and fall of Mara’s chest.

“Namjoon, I think...”, he went to Mara and felt a soft pulse on her wrist.

The dragon opened his eyes, Are you sure?

Yoongi didn’t let go until he was certain that her palpitation was stable, “Yes” . He saw a spark of hope in Namjoon’s eyes.

I’m afraid I might break her, will you carry her for me? Where’s Hoseok?

Yoongi turned to the angel, who was kneeling beside a body and the dragon glanced as well.

Valena?

“Yes, but....”.

We need to get back to Fairyland immediately, and also.... bring Valena’s body.

Yoongi was about to protest but Mara needs medical attention. They don’t know the extent of her injuries.

Hoseok we need to go. We need to bring the sorceress with us.

The angel didn’t need to look if Hoseok heard him but the latter did and picked Valena in his arms while Yoongi carried Mara. They both followed the dragon on their way to Fairyland.

After the short and hurried flight, the four angels and Heaven, were waiting at the training grounds of the castle

After the short and hurried flight, the four angels and Heaven, were waiting at the training grounds of the castle. Their expressions were that of shocked and awe at a dragon who landed first, which was followed by two other angels, each carrying a female companion.

The large area for the training grounds accommodated the massive size of the dragon with ease.

What the.....?”, Jungkook exclaimed and gave a signal to the fairy soldiers to stand ground. They were positioned on the ramparts at the side of the castle, aiming their arrows at the unexpected dragon.

Eventhough Heaven was anxious about the creature, her attention was shifted at the body drenched in blood on Yoongi’s am.

“Mara!”, she rushed at his side with Jungkook.

“Call for the doctor”, Yoongi ordered and handed the princess to the youngest angel. He and Heaven hastily left to go to Mara’s chamber, leaving the rest behind.

“The sorceress?”, Jimin asked as he eyed the lifeless body on Hoseok’s arms.

“Yes”, was all the latter could utter.

“A dragon? Where did you find him?”, Taehyung asked while looking at the dragon. The creature stand tall and closed his leathery wings to stare at the angels.

“Where’s Namjoon?”, Jin questioned while searching for his cousin.

“Ahm, he’s in front of you”, Yoongi answered.

“What do you mean......wait......”, Jimin’s eyes widen when he realized what his cousin meant.

“Joon?”, Jin slowly walked towards the dragon and looked at the creature’s eyes. He saw his cousin’s familiar soft persona behind the dragon’s ferocious facade. “It’s okay, Namjoon, she’s safe now”, was all the older angel could say to comfort his cousin because its eyes reflected so much pain and rage.

Upon hearing Jin’s reassuring voice, the dragon felt at ease and the fury emancipated. The creature closed his eyes, right in front of a hundred soldiers and the angels, Namjoon transformed back into his old self.

“That was so cool”, Taehyung blurted with delight even Jimin agreed with him.

“Are you okay?”, Jin asked their leader.

“I am .... now”, Namjoon replied and felt relieved that he was now back to his normal angel physique.

“But how?”, Jimin was confused and so are the rest of them.

“I think it’s his power”, Jin answered for Namjoon, knowing that the latter haven’t fully acknowledged his ability as a mythical creature yet.

“What should we do with her?”, Yoongi pointed at Valena.

“We need to give her a proper burial”, their leader stated.

“Ahm, Namjoon there’s something you need to know”, Hoseok softly said but kept staring at the sorceress in his arms.

“What is it?”.

All eyes were focused on Hoseok but Yoongi was the one who broke the ice, “We found King Linus soul”.

“That’s good. Where is it?”, Jin asked.

“That’s the problem. The pendant crushed when Valena died”, Yoongi pointed at the sorceress’ bloody hand.

Namjoon raised it and saw the broken glass on her palm with some of the pieces embedded on her skin.

“Shit”, Jimin uttered.

“Mara will be distress all over again”, Taehyung knew that the princess will be torn when she finds out that the soul of her father will never reconcile with its body, forever.

“She will be, but I will make sure to be beside her no matter what”, the tall angel promised and wished that his words were heard by Mara. A princess, who doesn't have any idea that she is now the ruler of a powerful kingdom.

 A princess, who doesn't have any idea that she is now the ruler of a powerful kingdom

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello angels, thank you so much for being patient with this book. I'm sorry if it always takes me long to update with this series. I just want to write what is on my mind with the right words but at the end of the day I'm still not satisfied with it. So, I have to rewrite until I know that it's all good.

Well, I hope you had fun with this book. A couple of chapters left before this ends, but not the series.

Once again, I appreciate every comment and vote all of you have given this book and hope you'll stay until the last book of this series. I love you all, keep safe.