Part XV

The night breeze and the darkness of the forest brought uneasiness towards Heaven. Constant noise of the crickets and hooting of the owls made her want to cover her ears, just so she can get rid of the eerie feeling. Where the hell is Jungkook and the others? She told herself and roamed her eyes to the wilderness.

Heaven decided to walk forward, rather than stand in the middle of the unknown forest. Who knows what's lurking in the shadows of the night? She saw a faint light not far beyond. Wishing that it was the other angels, she almost run to the spot where it was.

She moved the branches of leaves that was hindering her full view of the light but surprise caught her. The light came from a small sphere, clutched with both hands by a beautiful female. Her hands were positioned on top of her abdomen and she was lying on an elevated rock, surrounded by flowers.

Heaven found the place odd because the plants that was around the huge rock were withered and dying. Her curiosity made her moved closer to where the female was. She studied her face and noticed that the latter's eyes were closed. But what surprise her even more was the familiar feeling that she knew her. As she stared at her beauty that's when it hit her, the female lying in front of her was Princess Mara.

Heaven almost choke, looking at her friend with a death-like posture. "Mara?", she carefully reached for her arm but it was so cold to her touch. Her once beautiful wings were now wrinkled and without color. No! This can't be! A sudden feeling of helplessness washed over her.

"Mara, please wake up", she tried to suppress the tears that want to fall from her eyes. "Anybody there? Help us, please", she yelled at the darkness, hoping that someone or anyone will hear her. "Oh, Mara, please please wake up", she tried to shake the princess' arms but her stiff body was still unresponsive. This time, Heaven let her tears fall. She sobbed and tried desperately to call for help but the depth of the night only gave her silence.

She caressed her friend's face. Remembering the memories they spent together. The times that they proved how precious their friendship was but suddenly, the princess's eyes opened. Heaven felt there was still hope but one look at Mara made her scream aloud.

The princess' beautiful green irises were nowhere to be found but in it stead was the blankness of her white retinas, looking back at her.

"NO!!", Heaven screamed. She sat upright and within seconds, Jungkook barged inside the room with a worried face. He sat beside her in bed and she instantly went into his arms.

"Hey, baby. It's just a dream", he noticed her fear-stricken face. Heaven clutched onto his shirt and put her head on his chest, as she sobbed her heart out. Jungkook instantly knew the cause of her distress. Nightmare. She was having a bad dream again, and it only means one thing. Something bad is going to happen. He pulled her closer and hoped that his presence will give her comfort. They stayed like that until she had calmed down. "Do you want to talk about it?", he asked.

Heaven inhaled deeply before speaking, "you're right. It's one of those dreams again".

"Was it bad like the last time?".

She gave a nod. "The last time I had this kind of dream was with you and .....", she remembered the nightmare she had about Jungkook and Lucifer. She doesn't want to relive that feeling but she can't control these dreams.

"I guess, it's that bad".

"But this time, it's......it's Mara", Heaven gulped, once again she felt her heart being crushed as she started telling him about her nightmare.

Jungkook tried to process every word she was saying and one thing was certain, Mara is in danger. Heaven's dreams always came true. The reason why she sometimes felt depress and sad, knowing that someone's life is at stake.

"We need to tell Namjoon", she said. Worry was all over her face.

"We will, when he comes back after his meeting with the Majestic Seven", he whispered as he pulled her towards him. She let him engulfed her in his protective embrace, he made her feel secure. She never had any bad dreams when Jungkook is beside her.

------------

"Did you make sure that no one saw you?", the male asked the hooded figure, standing in front of him.

"I did".

"What about the old boar's soul?", he questioned. King Linus maybe old but his strength was still prominent, judging by how his kingdom remained powerful all these years.

"Kept and well-hidden, where no one would find it".

"The only remaining nuisance to get this kingdom is the Princess", he turned to stare out the window. Soon, I will have this kingdom. Soon I will be the most powerful king in all the kingdoms., he mused to himself as an evil grin appeared on his mouth.

"Do you want me to take her as I did to her father?", the hooded figure suggested.

"Not yet. In time. As of now, I don't want to raise more suspicions. Besides, the archangel's son is always with her. I doubt he will leave her side. Be patient, we will get our chance".

"I hope your plan will work. Lucifer hates failures".

"I know that. You don't need to remind me", he glared back at his accomplice. He knew, all too well, how the wrath of the devil works and he's not that insane to make himself the target of Lucifer's fury.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. I don't want to hurt you too, if he ever give me an order", the hooded figure threatened. Both of them knew how savage and brutal the king of hell is.

"That is all. I will call you if the need arise. As expected, your reward will be given to you on your way out", he stated and the person bowed before leaving him alone in the room.

He turned once again to the window, looking at the alloy-silver disc of a moon, hanging at the darkness of the night. He was always amazed by its gleaming light, ever since he was a child.

Everytime his father would scold him, he would run into his room and just stare at the mesmerizing beauty of the moon. In it, he found comfort and calmness. It also gave him strength, which his father never saw and would always call him a weakling. The reason why he made a vow, witnessed by the moon's gaze. A vow that one day he will make his father fall. A vow that one day will make him, the great King Aphid Jackson of all the kingdoms of the fairies.

 A vow that one day will make him, the great King Aphid Jackson of all the kingdoms of the fairies