Part XVII

“How did it go?”, Jungkook inquired. Namjoon, just arrived in Fairyland and the Princess decided it would be better to talk inside the library.

They entered the room but the youngest angel had something on his mind, “Namjoon, can I talk to you for a second?”, he grabbed him by the arm and distanced themselves from the two females, who were now seated on a settee near the window.

“Heaven had a dream”.

Upon hearing it, Namjoon knew that it meant danger. “What was it?”.

“It’s about Mara ......”, Jungkook relayed the dream that Heaven had and he didn’t dare missed a single detail. After he spoke, Namjoon became silent. The youngest angel knew that his cousin was thinking.

Namjoon realized that this incident with the King was not just about him anymore, because now it involves the Princess. Heaven’s dreams always came true and he’s afraid that what happened on her dream will eventually happen to Mara. Something in his heart was crushing. He can’t bear to lose the Princess. Is this because I am her protector or there’s another reason for it?, he asked himself.

“The more reason why I need you here”, he concluded.

“Huh?”, Jungkook was confused.

“How’s King Linus?”, Namjoon asked to divert his cousin's thoughts.

“No improvement. He’s still unresponsive”.

“King Aphid?”, he’s worried that Jackson may have already learned of the King’s predicament.

“He was advised that the King is just sick and don’t want an audience with anyone. I hope he believed that. Well, he’s in another kingdom right now, visiting a friend, he said”.

“How long will he be gone?”.

“A couple of weeks. He says he missed hunting with his friends”.

“A couple of weeks is all I need”, Namjoon doesn’t want Jackson to know what was really happening in Fairyland. He doesn’t trust him.

“for what?”, Jungkook furrowed his brows.

Instead of answering, he walked towards the couch opposite Mara and Heaven. He took a seat and Jungkook did the same beside him.

“The Majestic Seven gave me a mission. Actually, it’s you and I, Heaven”, Namjoon turned at the latter, who looked surprised.

“Huh? Why me?”, Heaven asked. As much as she worked hard on her training to be a good fighter, she wasn’t ready to be in a mission. Her misery in hell still haunts her.

“How about me?”, Jungkook excitedly asked.

“You’re going to stay here. You are needed here”, the older angel answered quickly.

“But why? Clearly, I have more muscle than Heaven”, the youngest angel said proudly.

“We know you do, JK”, Heaven smiled sarcastically.

“Sorry babe, I was just frustrated. This is the second time I was left out. The first one was .......”, he stopped himself, realizing that he may get in trouble with his girlfriend.

“the one with Heaven?”, Namjoon supplied. He earned a very guilty reaction from Jungkook and an irritated look from Heaven.

“Really JK? You didn’t like your assignment to protect me?”, the Nephilim confronted while Mara was struggling to hide her giggles.

“It was just on the .....”, Jungkook wasn’t able to finish his sentence because they were interrupted by a knock on the door and Anna, Mara’s handmaiden entered.