PART IV

“I don’t like him”.

“Careful, Hoseok. Someone may hear you”, Namjoon told his cousin who appeared beside him together with Jin.

“Are you sure you can handle this, alone?”, Jin asked.

“Worry about yourself”, Namjoon was annoyed.

“Hey, I was just asking. No need to be grumpy”, Jin said. “and I thought Yoongi was the only grumpy one I know”, he added.

“I still don’t like him and he looked familiar”, Hoseok commented.

“You’re just imagining things”, Namjoon tried to brush aside Hoseok’s comment but Jackson or Aphid has an air in him that he doesn’t like.

“So, I guess we’ll leave you now”, Jin patted Namjoon’s back.

“Stay safe”, he hugged them both.

“You too. Call, if you need us”, Hoseok spread his wings and started to ascend with Jin in tow.

“I will”, he said softly, looking after his cousins flying in the night sky.

I just hope there will be no problem protecting Princess Mara, he mused to himself. 

“Sir, King Linus wants to have a word with you in the library”, one of the kingsguard approached him.

“Thank you”, he replied and gave a last glance to the beautiful princess that was dancing in the middle of the hall in the arms of her soon to be husband before making his way to where King Linus was waiting for him.

Namjoon knocked before he entered the library. King Linus was seated on a chair behind his desk.

“Sire?”, Namjoon tried to get the king’s attention from reading a book.

“Oh, Namjoon. Sit”, the king offered the chair in front of him.

“I thought you’re still at the banquet, your Majesty”.

“I know that I am getting old and this bone will crack anytime so I had to leave the merriment behind. Now, enough about me. I assume you know why you’re here, right?”.

“Yes, sire. Archangel Michael told me to protect Mara”.

“and I am grateful that you took that without any hesitation”.

“You are not a stranger to us so I don’t see any reason why I have to decline. But does Princess Mara and her betrothed know the reason of my presence here, your Majesty?”.

“Aphid will know because I already informed his senior advisor and according to him, there will be no problem. He just said that if Aphid and Mara are together, you will leave them alone”.

“I see”.

“I agreed, of course, but I will not put my daughter in danger”.

“I don’t quite understand”.

“You see, Namjoon, I may agree to have him as my son in law but I still don’t trust him and his court for that matter”.

It was obvious on Namjoon’s face that he was confused by his words.

“Fairyland is a powerful kingdom and I am aware of the kingdoms that want to bring us down that’s why I accepted Saecottora’s alliance through my daughter”.

“Isn’t it unfair for Princess Mara?”, Namjoon blurted without thinking that he was talking to a king.

“That’s what I like about you, Namjoon. You’re not afraid to speak your mind and that is also the reason why I specifically asked for you to protect my daughter”. King Linus admire the angel’s courage to talk without any prohibitions.

Namjoon  didn’t know how to react to what he said. His cousins were all capable to protect anyone and if its about strength, he knew that all of them have the same capabilities. Well, now, Jungkook is the strongest one among them.

“Sorry, sire, if my mouth precedes my brain”.

“You don’t need to apologize, Namjoon. You really possessed Ariel’s courage and bravery”.

The angel smiled, thinking about his mother’s skills as a warrior.

“Well, as I was saying, it would mean everything to me if you could still be with Mara even if she is with Aphid, unnoticed”. King Linus emphasized the last word.

“Of course”, it’s an easy task for him to be an unseen shadow.

“I just wish there was another way. Another way to not get Mara involved in all these politics. After Elaina left us and went to the afterlife, I thought everything was over for me but then I realized I still have my daughter to protect”.

“I think you’re doing a good job protecting her, sire”.

“I don’t think I’ve done enough, that’s why I’m asking for your help in that area”.

“I will do my best, your Majesty”.

“I know you will. Namjoon”.

The two stared at each other with an understanding that they have one goal and that is to protect the princess.