Part XI

Mara tried to avert her eyes from the chiseled jawline of Namjoon that was practically inches from her eyes and his hypnotizing adam’s apple.

They were near the gazebo in the garden, far from the palace’s prying eyes. They were preparing for the short flight to the nearby village. The reason why Namjoon took it upon himself to carry the princess.

“You do know that fairies can also fly, right?”, Mara looked at Namjoon with a raised eyebrow. To prove her words, she removed her hooded cape and flaunts her colorful wings.

“Wow”, Jungkook blurted out and was about to touch it when the older angel smack him on the head, “Ouch!”. He turned to Namjoon to complain but think better of it when he saw his cousin’s scowl.

Namjoon can’t blame the youngest for admiring the princess’ wings. It’s the first time they saw hers. The princess always hid it with her clothes.

It was very common to fairies with butterfly wings but Mara has wings of a dragonfly. The thinness and pattern of it matches her regality. When the sun kissed her wings, he was awestruck. The light made them shimmer with beautiful colors that captured the beauty of the owner.

(A/N: This is what the wings of Princess Mara would look like. Sorry I don't know how to use photoshop 😁)

“Namjoon?”, her voice woke him from his thoughts

“Sorry princess, he’s just shock”, Jungkook explained, that earned him another hit.

“You’re so annoying, aside from Jimin”, Namjoon hissed to Jungkook and got the cape from Mara’s hands to cover her once again with it.

“I can’t protect you if you’re an open target”. He stated while tying the knot under her chin. He’s right, if anyone saw her flying they would immediately know that it was her. “Relax, princess”, the angel felt her body tensed when he wrapped his arm around her waist.

They were standing so close that she can feel his breath on her forehead. Don’t be too obvious, Mara. She tried to shake her uneasiness because of their close proximity. “S-sorry”, she stuttered and raised her arm but unsure where to place it. She was thinking if it would be better on his neck or on his muscled arm.
Namjoon chuckled and noticed her dilemma so he swooped her up in his arms. She gasped in surprise and unconsciously grabbed his neck with both of her arms.

“Don’t worry princess, I won’t drop you”.

Mara blushed and looked away. The angel grinned at her shyness and turned to his cousin who was enjoying every minute of the couple’s awkward moment.

“Don’t let anyone know that we left, Jungkook. If someone asks for the princess, tell them that she is resting in her room. We’ll be back immediately”.

Jungkook gave him a nod, knowing how dangerous and risky it was if anyone knew that both the monarchs are incapable of doing their royal duties.

Mara saw Namjoon’s expression had changed in an instant, from a smiling charmer to a serious leader. It was not a surprise that he takes his responsibilities very seriously. Before they left the palace, he had instructed Heaven to stay in King Linus’ chamber with Elliot.