Part XIX

A sudden emotion of anger rushed into Namjoon’s body when the creature grabbed Mara’s cheeks with its sharp talon and licked her face, as if taunting him. The princess was crying and shivering from terror, trying her best to get out of its hold. The other creatures were making weird noises. They were cheering for the one who was holding her captive and continued to flap their wings and circle them.

This made his blood boil even more. His body reacted and suddenly, air swirl around him, transforming him into an enraged warrior.
His soft and feathery white wings turned into steel and pointed, silver ones. His once black clothing turned into hard armour designed for battle. His hand gripped hard on the sword that instantly appeared on his hand, ready to fight.

When his cousins saw Namjoon’s combative stance they knew what was coming. A swift transformation happened to the angels, from normal looking beings with wings, to fierce fighters. Weapons of choices appeared on their hands. Jin was holding a sword. Hoseok had a bow in hand with arrows slung on his back but Yoongi decided to fight with his powers and his fists.

“Namjoon?”, Jin called as he moved slowly to his side, not removing his eyes to the creatures.

“Let’s take them”, Namjoon hissed dangerously.

“Say no more”, Yoongi smirked and instantly, flames engulfed his fists. He ascended and lunged to one of the creatures, who was on his line of sight and grabbed its neck. His target released a horrified shriek before succumbing to death, as its body was consumed by the ferocious fire.

On the ground, Hoseok pulled two arrows from his quiver and took  aim to two of the unidentified creatures, who were focused on their direction. He smirked as he took them down first, with arrows through their hearts.

While Jin held onto his sword tighter, waiting for the one who had eyes on him. The creature showed him its sharp teeth, hoping to take a bite off of the angel’s beautiful skin, which it never did because Jin already had the tip of his weapon penetrated through the middle of its eyes and just stopped when he saw the tip outside the back of its skull.

The angels fought and made sure they will not be the ones to die on their attackers’ hands.

Amidst all of these, Namjoon had already darted upwards. His only target was the one holding Mara but the creature had another thought in mind and that was to flee the place with its prize possession.

The leader of the angels will not let it go far. He left his cousins who were busy fighting and pursued them but he was soon blocked by one of its comrade. Their attackers don’t have any weapons but their talons were designed to kill. It viciously clawed at him, aiming for his heart but the creature was no match to the leader of the angels' fighting skills. It was instantly killed by his sword. He twisted the long blade that was now pierced into its heart, making it shout in pain. When he withdrew his sword, the creature was lifeless and smoothly falls to the ground with a loud thud. When he was freed from that, he chase again after Mara and her abductor.

He was a few meters away from them when an arrow shot out of nowhere and targeted the creature’s shoulder, causing for its hold to loosen and released Mara unexpectedly.

Namjoon recalled the princess had told them that a fairy’s wings cannot fly so high because of its size so, when he saw what happened, he thought of only two options. To either flew after the creature, knowing that it’s wounded and would make it easier to catch, or go after the princess. He chose the latter and  immediately dove downwards to catch Mara, before she falls hard on the ground.

Mara hated herself for not listening to Namjoon last night. Instead she was being hard headed and threatened Heaven to end their friendship if she will not let her go in her place. She begged her not to tell anyone, which Heaven was very hesitant to grant but gave in at the end.