Part XLIII

Namjoon silently walked inside Mara's bedchamber. Every step was heavy, every breath was difficult to take. He stopped and sat on the chair beside her bed. He looked at her beautiful face. She was having a peaceful sleep and he was grateful for that. It momentarily lets her forget her pain. The bandage on her neck reminds him of that.

He reached out and hold her hand. He needed to be sure that she is alive. He stared at her soft hand as he hold onto it tightly and let his tears fall.

"I'm sorry", was all he could utter, 'though he knew that Mara can't hear him.

"It's all my fault. If only I was there with you, this wouldn't have happened. I will not forgive myself if I had lost you", he glanced at her and saw her heavy breathing. He kissed her hand and closed his eyes. Breathed deeply and continued, "I'm not ready to lose you. I'm sorry if I was a fool. A fool who just realized that life without you is not life at all and I don't want that. It took me this long to know how much I love you".

He felt a squeeze on his hand. He opened his eyes and saw a smiling and tearful Mara, "and I love you, too".

Namjoon was overwhelmed with happiness and hurriedly stood up to envelope her in his arms.

"Ouch", she giggled amidst the ache on her neck, though she didn't mind a little pain after listening to every word he said, she woke up the moment she felt someone held her hand. She was just so elated, knowing they share the same feelings for each other.

"Oh, sorry", he released her, helped her to sit up and embarrassingly wiped his own tears, "did you.....?". He felt ashamed after he pured his heart out.

"every word", she grinned and felt his fingers on her cheeks as he brushed away the liquid stain on it.

"Sorry".

"Stop apologizing", and they both chuckled. Mara put on a serious face and looked at Namjoon, "Thank you. Thank you for giving me a second chance in life".

"I....", he didn't know what to say. He always gets shy if he is being praised and this moment is not an exception. He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"A dragon? Really?", the amazement on her voice was a lullaby in his ears.

"I was also surprised. I didn't expect that kind of power and transformation".

"Well, I'm thankful because if you weren't a dragon I wouldn't be here right now", when Heaven told her about Namjoon's ability, the first thing that came into her mind was its majestic power. Mara learned when she was young that the mythical creature have a very special power and that is to give life to the dead, but she thought it was just a myth and these creatures don't exist.

"Did you.....did you really mean it?", she asked Namjoon. She wanted to hear his admission once again.

"every word", Namjoon repeated her words with a genuine grin and she was satisfied.

Mara raised her arms to welcome him into her embrace and just savor the feeling of security and protection as she leaned her head on his chest.

"Ehem, I guess we're not needed here anymore", both of them looked to see the six angels and Heaven at the door, with beaming smiles.

"Hey", the princess greeted them and each angel went to gave her a hug.

"We're happy you're okay now", Hoseok said.

"Me too", she agreed. "I'm glad you're all here. I would like to say thank you for saving me", she moved her eyes from each of their faces and was thankful for having them beside her.

"Does this mean Jin will not kiss .......", Taehyung's mouth was instantly covered by Jin's hands.

"Kiss? Who?", Mara was puzzled.

"No...nothing", Jin quickly stated.

"So, how do you feel?", Heaven was still worried. The bandage on her neck reminded them of her suffering in the hands of the King of Saecotora.

"I feel good, just a little tired".

"I guess that's your sign to leave", Namjoon directed his words to his annoying cousins.

"Okay, okay. We're leaving", Taehyung dragged Jimin with him but gave Mara a wink before walking towards the door.

"Bye", the four angels and Heaven bid their goodbyes as well and left Namjoon with the princess.

"Why the serious face?", Mara saw the change in the angel's mood.

"You need to know something", Namjoon sits on the chair and sighed deeply.

"about what?".

"your......your father, King Linus".

your father, King Linus"