Part VII

Unbeknownst to Princess Mara and King Aphid, the angel didn’t left but instead he was within earshot.

He made an excuse to Jackson’s steward that he has something to do and left, letting the steward to go back alone to the castle.

Namjoon decided to hide at a nearby tree and landed silently behind it, observing the couple seated on the bench that he had vacated.

The king was trying his best to look charming and likeable to the princess while the latter was being courteous with him.

“I didn’t know eavesdropping is your new expertise”, an angel whispered beside him.

“Shut up, Jungkook”, Namjoon didn’t spare a glance to the newly arrived angel but just kept on staring at the couple. He knew minutes before Jungkook went to his side that there was an intruder and was not a threat so he just let the young angel proceed to bother him.

“So, that’s King Aphid. Hoseok was right, there’s an aura around him that’s hard to explain”.

“Why is everyone being so paranoid?”, Namjoon glanced at Jungkook.

“Hey, I was just stating a fact and why are you so grumpy lately?”.

Namjoon was starting to get annoyed because both his youngest and eldest cousins said the same thing, “I know I didn’t call you, so why are you here?”.

“Heaven was missing Felicity”.

“Ah, the angel in hell”, he remembered that Heaven told him about an angel she became friends with when she was abducted. “Last time I check, this isn’t hell. You should’ve gone to Yoongi”.

“and get another whack on the head? No, thank you”, Jungkook shakes his head.

“So, why here?”.

“I doubt the council would approve of us going to hell so I brought her here instead, to see Mara. Don’t worry the council knows that she’s here”, the youngest angel paused.

“How many days?”, Namjoon was concerned that Jackson might not like that Mara’s attention will be divided between him and her friends.

“Two days, that’s what the council said”, Jungkook shrugged.

“Two days are enough for friends to catch up on everything”, Namjoon stated and turned to the couple who were still talking on the bench.

“That’s exactly what I said to Heaven but she just gave me a frown and a pout saying that I will never understand women”.

“What will they talk about that two days aren’t enough?”.

“Again, I spoke those words to her and her reply was Jungkook, you wouldn’t know a woman’s brain”, the young angel mimicked his mate’s voice.

“I agree. They possessed the most complicated minds there is. You wouldn’t know”, Namjoon agreed thinking about his mother’s moods while the youngest never experienced a female companion until now.
The couple that they were staring at, stood up and started to head back to the castle.

“I think your eavesdropping have come to an end. Ouch!”, Jungkook rubbed the back of his head.

Namjoon smacked his cousin for teasing him once again, “Shut it, rabbit”.

They followed the two into the castle, unnoticed.

'Why are we not making our presence known?', Jungkook communicated through their minds to avoid being heard by anyone.

'Because I should watch her back from afar if she is with King Aphid but without him knowing'.

'Ohh, creepy. Ouch! Cut it out. Stop hitting me', the young angel complained when Namjoon gave him another smack

'Then stop being an idiot and a pain in the ass', he hissed.

Jackson’s steward greeted the king at the entrance of the castle. “Sire, King Linus is waiting for you at the hall”.

“As much as I wanted to stay by your side, Princess, I would like to apologize but duty calls”, Jackson explained to the princess to which Namjoon rolled his eyes upon hearing it.

“Oh, I understand”, Mara said and once again the king kissed her hand before he left with his steward on his heels.

The princess let out a deep sigh of relief when she thought she was alone.

“That was deep”, Jungkook spoke. The two angels slowly moved to her side when the king left.

“Oh, you surprised me. Jungkook?”, Mara clutched her heart and was shocked to see the youngest angel, together with Namjoon.

“It is you!”, she smiled brightly and hugged the angel.

“I have another surprise, your highness”, Jungkook was grinning when they both let go.

“You do?”, she asked and Namjoon looked at his cousin with a raised brow.

“At the library”, the youngest angel smiled.

Mara didn’t asked anymore and run to the library with excitement. The two angels followed the princess and when she opened the doors to the room, shrieking voices were heard that made the angels covered their ears.

“Mara!”.

“Heaven!”.

The ladies excitedly hugged each other while laughing and crying.

“Namjoon, please tell me they’re not going crazy”, Jungkook looked worried.

“I assure you they’re not. They’re just ......... emotional”, he said. The easiest way to explain the scenario before them.

 The easiest way to explain the scenario before them