Part X

“Cursed?”, Heaven repeated in a hush tone.

“Before you say anything. I think it’s best for us to talk inside the king’s quarters”, Namjoon said while looking at their surroundings. He doesn’t trust anyone in the kingdom other than King Linus and Princess Mara.

They all went inside the room. Heaven assisted Mara at the couch near the bed and the rest followed them.

“Doctor, thank you. As much as we all wanted to know the cause of his majesty’s state I think it’s better to keep this situation confined. I think you know what I mean”, the older angel threateningly gazed at the physician.

“Ye...yes. I will not let anyone know”, the old fairy nervously answered. He knew that their ruler trusted these angels and they were notorious for being good warriors. He maybe old but he isn’t a fool to do a stupid thing just to test the wrath of these angels.

“I would suggest that you continue your tests on his majesty until he wakes up”, Namjoon glanced at King Linus still form, who looked like he’s just dreaming.

“Will do. Now, if you will excuse me. I would like to take my leave and check the books of any similarity about King Linus state that will help us”, the old fairy bowed.

“Anna, please go with the doctor. He may need help”, Mara said.

“Yes, your highness”, Anna curtsied and accompanied the doctor out of the room.

“Why do you think that he is cursed?”, Jungkook turned to Perry.
“I can’t think of any other reason why he is in that state. I have been with his majesty for a long time now and I never saw him like this”.

“Is this the first time that anyone from fairyland had been cursed?”, Heaven questioned.

“No”, the steward was quick to answer.

“And if he is, who did cursed him and how?”, Namjoon was pacing back and forth. His thoughts were full of possible suspects.

“Everyone in this kingdom is a suspect”, the youngest angel said in a serious tone. “Oh, except you, princess”, he smiled which earned a scowl from Heaven, mouthing the words ‘REALLY AIRHEAD?’.  But Jungkook just shrugged innocently, realizing that this isn’t the time for his playful jokes.

Namjoon sat in front of Mara and gazed at her intently, “Mara, I know that this is a shock to you but we will help you get through this”.

King Linus is a brave and a powerful ruler. He cared for everyone and sees to it that not one in his kingdom suffers. Seeing him like this, made the princess devastated and hearing Namjoon say those words meant a lot to her.

“Thank you”, she answered him gratefully.

“Now, Perry, we will consider your thoughts on this curse thing but the question is who do you think cursed him?”, he looked at the steward.

“It’s difficult to tell, sir. After all the Saecots are also here”.

“Speaking of which, should we tell them?”, Mara looked worried.

“Have you informed anyone else aside from us?”, Namjoon asked Perry.

“None, sir”.

“I think it would be better to keep this between us until we are sure about what is happening to his majesty”, everyone agreed to the older angel’s statement. “My next question is who have the power to give a curse?”.

“A witch?”, Jungkook spoke without thinking but wasn’t sure if he was right.

“I don’t think it’s a witch’s work”, Perry commented and they all stared at him with confused expressions.

“Why do you say that?”, Heaven asked because that piqued her interest.

“Because I think I have seen that kind of magic before”.

“Where?”, the princess was also curious.

“Your mother, your highness. Queen Elaina had met the same demise like King Linus”.

Mara suddenly became pale and was shocked to learn that this wasn’t the first time that her family was cursed.

“Do you mean to say mother di.....died because of a curse? They told me she died because she was sick”, she tried to suppress her feeling of dread.

“Yes, Princess. You were just little then. You didn’t understood what was happening. It was the easiest explanation we could give you”, Perry doesn’t want to remember that terrible events to Mara but she needed to know.

The princess felt so hurt, knowing that both of her parents suffered the same fate and now a curse is once again trying to take the last parent she have.

“If not a witch then who?”, the youngest asked.

“A sorceress”.

“What’s the difference? Isn’t a witch the same with a sorceress?”, Heaven was puzzled.

“A witch practices on good magic and healing. They can also give a curse but will not be too harmful to a living being. A sorceress practices on ceremonial and high magic. They can give curses and get rid of them but these curses can cause deaths to some if they so desire”.

“Shit.... that’s scary”, Jungkook commented.

“What do we do now? How can we know if he is truly cursed or not? Unless one of us knows a sorceress”, Heaven voiced all their thoughts.

“I know of someone who can help us. She may not be a sorceress but she is a witch ”, Perry said.

“Who?”, Mara’s brows furrowed. She doesn’t know anyone from their kingdom that heals, much less curse their kind.

“You know her, your highness. She was always with you ever since you were born”.

Then, it suddenly dawned on her. She knew of only one person who was beside her since she was a child.

“Nana?”.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

I’m sorry for the super late updates. I have experienced a very annoying writer’s block.

Anyway, with regards to this chapter, I hope you can forgive me for my differentiation between a witch and a sorceress. I read somewhere that this is the closest one I got that fits with my story because some have different opinions about it. So, I hope everyone is fine with it. After all this is only a fictional book. 😊😊😊