Prologue

God we just want to thank you for bringing us here together with our hearts vulnerable and transparent. We know that no relationship is perfect but you brought us here to complete an assignment. I believe that we both completed that in each other's lives. Mona was so used to being Perfect until she realized she wasn't. You had to show her that people make mistakes. She was so focused on my needs and forgot about herself. But that's why you gave me to her to appreciate a good man especially when she almost let me go. And then there's me... God you brought her into my life to teach me patience. I was so ready for my life to turn around and get back on my feet and everything just happened so fast. I drifted away and did everything unlike you and wondered why I didn't hear from you. It was through Mona and her encouragement and inspiration that I found myself falling into a world that I knew I had no business getting back into. It's by your grace that I'm still here. She's taught me so much and I thank God for her. I thank you im able to provide for my family. It's so funny because some may not even see how far you brought me. I'm standing in a stall right now God where this woman before me gave me 20 dollars that I had to hold onto because I had nothing. N-OTHING," his voice cracked.

"But I'm standing here right now with a car in my name, a daughter that's well fed and clothed. A fiancée that's beautiful and so amazing, an apartment, a JOB THATS A BLESSING!, a father figure, a healthy 80 year old mother, and most of all... A relationship with you. This is all that I could ever ask for and I know at times I strayed away but you're so amazing that you've put me on the path that you wanted me to be on. God I know that with you and my family I'll never have to feel alone because you never left me in the first place,"

"Amen," Mona whispered as James kisses away her tears.

"I love you..."

"More than life itself"

Tears collided down Mona's eyes as she listened to those words replay in her head over and over. She quickly grabbed the tissue off of the counselors desk and dabbed it on my face. She then dusted off the residue the Kleenex tissue left behind before glancing at Mrs. Cohan.

"What is it that hurts you the most about your relationship?" She questioned.

She chuckled at her question as my eyes hit the ceiling. She couldn't keep the tears from trying to escape her eyes as thoughts about her relationship over the past three years flooded my mind.

"I haven't gotten married yet.... and we've been trying for a baby of our own and we haven't been successful," Mona spoke quietly.

"Is having a baby important to you?"

"Obviously," She interjected with a small chuckle following her sarcasm.

Mrs. Cohan looked placed her pen on her notepad while slowly sliding her frames down the bridge of her nose. Mona watched her cross her legs as she stared at me for a minute.

"Have you guys talked about marriage and thought about premarital counseling?" She suggested.

Was she not listening to anything I've been saying the past forty-five minutes that I've been in here?

"I think it's best I leave," She blurted.

"Why is that Ms. Wright?"

"BEC- because you're not listening to a thing I'm saying. I've been with this man for the past three years and it's always an excuse as to why he doesn't want to get married right now. I'm over it! I'm not going to be playing wife and not you're wife yet. I gave this man everything! I helped him when no one else was there! I bought him a car, found him a job, and what do I get? I get a ring but can't even have your last name! You come home all late! You have me playing step mom with your daughter and here I am like chop liver! IM GETTING TIRED!"

"Hmm.."

Mona crossed her arms as hot tears ran down her cheeks while Mrs. Cohan wrote on her stupid notepad. Here she was building up a man that I never thought I'd fall so hard for and yet still felt incomplete. Three years ago he felt alone wrapped up in a world that he felt he had no way out of, while three years later she had given her all to someone who doesn't even realize she was lonely .

"We have some healing to do Ms. Wright"