Seventeen

"Damnit Mona!" Hunter slammed his fist on the table.

"What I do now?" Mona sighed.

"I told you not to put fucking cheese in my damn grits I don't want this shit," he uttered.

"I'll make them over," Mona sighed more.

"Who the fuck you huffing and puffing at?" Hunter argued.

Mona looked over her shoulder at Hunter while he sat at the table.

"Please...Hunter not right now. Avery is still sleeping," Mona chimed in.

Hunter grabbed the plate from the table and threw it at Mona. She quickly dodged the plate and ran as quickly as she could to the room as he followed.

Unfortunately, Mona was too slow as Hunter gripped her by her hair immediately putting her feet to a stop.

"Please don't," Mona begged on the verged in tears.

Hunter began punching her in the face as Mona screamed and cried. She blocked her face as much as she could, but it didn't keep him from punching her all over her body.

Mona screamed and cried to God pleading for him to save her, but that only made things worse. Hunter stomped on her and drug her all over her apartment causing Avery to wake. She tried her hardest to crawl to the bedroom door until she was kicked in the face and blacked out.

"Stupid bitch!" He remarked.

Hunter grabbed Avery and headed out of the apartment, while Mona laid there.

-

"I think everything is in the bag and if I left anything then I can just keep it at my place," James remarked.

Yana, the mother of his youngest daughter, nodded her head as she grabbed the baby bag from him.

"Hi Yana.." Joy waved.

"Hey sweetie," Yana smiled then looked up at James as she nodded.

"Alright well... I guess I'll see you next weekend," James remarked.

"Well, there's something I actually need to talk to you about..." Yana remarked.

"What is it?" James wondered.

"Would you be willing to do a DNA test?" She spoke lowly while putting their daughter Capri down.

James watched her run off and looked up at Yana. "She's not mine is she?" He spoke with disappointment.

He couldn't deny that he loved Capri and wanted to be her father whether or not she was biologically his or not. However, he knew that if there was a possibility that she wasn't his that the biological dad may be in her life and he couldn't do anything but respect that.

"I'm not sure I wanted to know if you'd be willing to do a test for me," Yana uttered. "I really need it for my peace of mind and I owe it to her. When she gets older she'd need to know who her father is"

James nodded. "Wow, you tell me after all this time? Cool!"

"James!" She stared at him.

"It's cool..." James remarked as he walked away.

Yana watched as he walked away and sighed. She just owed it to her daughter to be able to tell her who her real father was and she could only hope that James would understand that.