Twenty- Eight

"We are sad to announce that the remains that were found by the hiker has been confirmed to be that of the one year old baby Avery Wright who disappeared from his parents home three years ago. The father Hunter Jones is currently serving time in the county jail on domestic violence charges. It is unclear at this time if he had anything to do with his sons disappearance. The coroners determined the cause of death to be accidental. After talking to prime suspects the we believe the boy may have wandered off during the domestic dispute between the parents and might've been kidnapped along with being dropped off in the nearby woods left to die. We believe that due to time, animals in the woods. debris, and weather changes over the course of his disappearance have hindered us to determining the exact cause of the death and time of death. Therefore the case has been closed. The family has been notified and we would like to thank the city of Denver on behalf of the police department for searching for Avery and putting in time and effort into finding him. The police department of Denver would like to send our deepest condolences out to the family. We pray they get closure and can start to move on to a better life. Thank you for your time," the police department spoke at the press conference.

"Deputy, if the department believes that the boy was kidnapped and then left for dead why would the coroner rule this death as accidental? Wouldn't it be ruled as a homicide?" A local news reporter questioned.

"Once again, it is unclear if the boy was accidentally killed due to being stranded in the woods for some time without food, water, and all other vital needs, or if Avery was already deceased prior to being placed in the woods," the officer remarked.

"Deputy! If I'm not mistaken the hiker that called police described the remains to belong to a small child. He also mentioned that there was a garbage bag a few feet away from the remains. Do you believe that the murderer went back to try and relocate Avery to prevent police from finding him years prior?" Another local news reporter.

"We won't be answering any further questions. Have a good day," the officer announced and left with the other crew.

--

Family, friends, and coworkers gathered around at the burial site for Avery. Mona's parents were there to support her along with James aunt with Joy. It had been a long two weeks of stress and preparation for both parties. Mona was devastated and so was James.

"On behalf of the Wright family, they'd like to express their thanks to the family, friends, and all loved ones for your continued prayers and condolences. They ask that you be mindful of their grievances and continue to keep them lifted during this difficult time. I will now ask that you will join me in prayer," the preacher remarked.

James grabbed ahold of Mona's hand as they all bowed their heads to join in prayer.

"Dear Heavenly Father,
We thank you on today for gathering us all here for the celebration of life for Mr. Avery. Lord we know that there are things we don't understand, but we ask now that you will keep this family lifted in the midst of this storm. We call you Jehovah shalom and ask that you grant this grant comfort. Lord we ask that you bring them peace in the midnight hour. May you continue to give them strength as only you can. In Jesus name, Amen!"

"Amen," everyone recited.

James looked over at Mona who had black sunglasses on to cover her eyes. He could see a single tear leaving. Her mother was on the other side of her as he continued watching her to make sure she was ok. He was trying to be strong for the both of them.

The preacher continued to speak encouraging words to the both of James and Mona as Avery's casket descended slowly into the ground. With every inch, Mona felt herself falling to the ground herself as she wept. Her mother grabbed ahold of her as she wept louder and louder. She cried out for her baby as James bit on his lips as many tears fell from his eyes.