Twelve

"I knew you cousin Ron," Mona confessed. 

Hunter stared at her for a while as he pretended to have not known that already. 

"I used to work with him at his shop...I cut hair, but I had nothing to do with his death. But I know who did," she spoke low. 

"Who?" Hunter questioned. 

Mona sat up and sighed as she looked at him. 

"It was one of his group members....when he was slanging. Her name is Cheyenne.." 

Hunter sat up quickly as his eyes widened. This shit couldn't be true. 

"How do you know all of this?" Hunter wondered. 

Mona sighed as he looked over at him slowly. "I watched her do it front of me" 

Hunter ran his hand over his after learning this information. It wasn't a reason for Mona to lie to him because she had no idea that he had already knew Cheyenne. 

"Wow" 

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell you at first when you asked months ago because I didn't think it was important. But now that we're here and slowly moving forward...I thought it was time to be honest with you," Mona added. 

Hunter nodded his head as he stared at his hands.

"Your cousin also shot my best friend.... I saw that too" Mona informed. 

Hunter shot her a look that made Mona chuckled a little. 

"Don't worry I'm in therapy still and it's been three years," she remarked. 

"I'm so sorry baby. I knew that my cousin was into shit, but I didn't know it was that deep. I figured they were after him. One day he called me wanting to come to my place for a few days but I declined his request because I knew that he was into some shit by the way I could hear it in his voice. I didn't want any parts of it and of course he got mad because we were like brothers," Hunter explained. 

Mona nodded her head. "Its a process and I'm sorry too. I didn't know that she would do that to him. It was a lot going on and I hated the fact that my ex started hanging around them again, but he was just trying to get on his feet" 

"So let me ask you this....are you in love with him still?" Hunter wondered. 

Mona looked away and sighed. "Yes I am, but I don't want to move forward with him anymore. Like I said I'm in therapy so..."

"Sounds like you have some working on yourself to do Mona, I'm not going to lie" Hunter blurted. 

"I am which is why I want to take my time with you and I so I can make sure this is what I really want," she glared at him. 

Hunter stared at him for a minute before he grabbed her face and brought it closer to him. The two of them glared at each other before sharing a kiss. 

"Do what you need to do, just don't forget that I'm here for you" 

Mona nodded. "I know you are. You reassure me all the time and I appreciate that" 

"Oh yes ma'am. I'm going to make sure you're taken care of..." he spoke. 

"Is that right?" Cheyenne looked over at James. 

"Yeah...."

"So you really want me to kill him for you and I get what out of this?" Cheyenne reiterated. 

James sighed and ran his hands over his face. 

"Maybe you need me back in your life," Cheyenne laughed while pushing her lips out for a kiss. 

He couldn't help but to laugh. They were cool at one point, but he knew that they could never go there again. Their interaction with one another would remain platonic and strictly business. 

"Maybe you can just scared him....or send him an anonymous message," 

"But you can do that"Cheyenne argued. 

"No no...that nigga is not afraid of me. He think he's got one over me and I want him to be surprised. I want him to know that someone's watching him," he remarked. 

Cheyenne stared at him and nodded. "Hm...find me out the details and we'll see where this leads us" 

"Iight I 'preciate it," James blurted. 

Cheyenne looked over at him as she smirked. "You oughta try this..." 

James looked over at her wave a small bag with a white substance in it. 

"It's not that bad I promise.." she remarked while pulling out a rolled dollar bill. 

"I don't think I sho-

James cut his own sentence as he watched Cheyenne snort. 

"What are you doing?" he wondered. 

Cheyenne laughed loudly and passed it to him. 

"You gotta do it....You've got to. It's so good" she laughed more. 

James licked his lips for moisture and shook his head. "I can't..." 

"Aw don't be a pussy..." Cheyenne chuckled. 

James laughed and shook his head. "Come on...take me home. I got go check on my daughter"

"You didn't bring all the way out here for nothing did you?" Cheyenne smirked while playing with his belt buckle. 

"Nu uh...I can't" he remarked. 

"What's wrong?" she questioned while unzipping his pants and quickly fondled him. 

James tucked in his lips and before ehe could say anything he felt her wetness on his shaft. He grew harder than letting Mona go in her mouth. 

"Damn," he moaned. 

He couldn't lie about how good she was performing and not to mention how long it's been since he'd been intimate with anyone other than Meghan. However, no one compared to Mona. His mind slowly drifted off to her as he imagined Cheyenne was her. That made him moan more as he grabbed her hair and started fucking her face. 

"Choke on this dick baby," he instructed. 

Cheyenne followed his orders as she stared at him while doing so. That sent him over the edge. James gently titled his head back and shut his eyes as he pictured Mona's face. It wasn't long before he was bussing all over her face and calling her name, which made Cheyenne laugh leaving James embarrassed. 

"Wow... you must really love her," Cheyenne laughed while taking the sermon on her face and sucking it off with her fingers. 

James had nothing to say as he fixed his clothes. He never thought in a million years he'd be in the car with Cheyenne let alone intimate with her again. 

Cheyenne laughed more and started the car and headed back to James side of town. 

"We not doing that shit no more" he spoke up. 

"Nigga please you should know that I'm the last person that's gonna chase after you and beg the dick. I don't fall in love and you're definitely not my type of nigga" Cheyenne blurted. "You're the same nigga that's practically begging a bitch like me to take out a nigga over your bitch, so who has the balls me or you? I definitely don't want you and never will" 

As much as James hated to admit it, but she was right. It was time he reclaimed his power back and man up. If he couldn't get Mona back for the last time, then all he wanted was the closure that he deserved.