Nine

"James?" Mona spoke lowly.

James fluttered his eyes open slowly and looked over at Mona. 

"Mo?" he spoke weakly.

Mona walked over toward him and examined his face. He was scratched up a bit with a bruised eye more than likely from the airbag deploying. 

"Are you ok?" she spoke low. 

James nodded as his eyes slowly closed. 

"I know you're probably tired but I re-

"It's this pain medicine. Got me kinda lazy right now," he looked up.

"This is all my fault," Mona spoke low.

"Shhh...no it's not. I was the one drunk. I was the one that couldn't handle you not taking me back," he confessed. "I'm so sorry baby"

Mona fought back her tears as she listened to him. 

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" Mona wondered. 

James grew quiet. 

"Please tell me the truth and look at me," Mona ordered.

James opened his eyes slowly and peered over at Mona. "I have a child on the way... with my coworker. I cheated on you last year with her and I didn't know she was pregnant until about three months ago," he remarked. 

"Was that her leaving?" Mona wondered.

"Yes," he spoke low.

Although two wrongs didn't make a right, could she forgive him like he forgave her for cheating? Mona didn't know.

"I know you probably hate me. I never meant to hurt you Mona" 

"I don't hate you, but I really wish you the best of luck," she remarked. 

"Please don't leave Mona. I need you," James voice cracked. "I can't live without you let alone breathe without you. Yana my coworker means nothing to me. I'll quit my job if you want me to. I want to make things right between us. Please baby, I know I haven't always been the best fiancé but I want to make it right with you. I'll go to counseling with you or whatever it takes. Just give us another chance." he expressed.

Mona watched and listen to him express himself. The two of them cried together. Did she take him back and give their love another chance and take care of him or did she leave their love in the past and continue with Hunter?

"I really don't know right now James to be honest. Things haven't been the same for a while and to know that you have another kid on the way is hard to swallow," Mona confessed.

"I can understand that," he sniffed.

"I wanted to have a f-family," Mona cried while thinking of the miscarriage she had in the beginning of their relationship.

 Every other attempt they made to get pregnant failed ever since. It was her dream not only to own a successful hair business and salon, but to one day be a mother of her own children. 

"We can have that baby, I promise" he cried. 

Mona shook her head as she stared at him. As much as she wanted to believe him, it was a part of her that just couldn't. She had a lot of thinking to do.

"I respect your decision if you never want to deal with me again. I will always love you no matter what and I will make sure that Joy will always remember you," he added while wiping away his tears.

Mona looked away and nodded. "I should go," she spoke inaudibility. 

"Huh?'

"Im gonna go..." 

"Will you come back tomorrow?" James questioned.

"I'm not sure.."Mona stated and walked out.

James watched her disappeared behind the door as more tears hit his eyes wishing he would've died in the crash. Little did he know, that was Hunter's intention.

Hunter sat on his couch smoking a blunt. Thankfully he was okay after tonights accident. He only had a little damage done to his car, while he couldn't say so much for the other passenger.

"Lemme hit," she asked.

He passed it to her and look over at her. "I hit that son of a bitch"

"Oh my God you did?" she smirked.

"Yeah but he got out the car...saw him in the rearview mirror" Hunter remarked.

"That motherfucker needs to go down... he killed your cousin Ron and he needs to pay," Cheyenne stated.

Hunter stared at the floor and nodded his head.

"I know," he spoke low.

Cheyenne smirked while blowing the smoke toward the ceiling. 

Stupid motherfucker....Cheyenne thought.

3 years ago

"Why are you doing this?" she questioned.

"I want you to know that...this will all be over really soon," he chuckled.

Ron whispered in the mystery guy's ear and watched him walk out of the room.

"I feel flattered that you're surprised to see me baby," Ron. smirked.

"What do you want?" she cried.

Ron exhaled and rolled his eyes as he began to become irritated with her whining.

"I thought I told you to keep your fucking mouth closed. Didn't I?" he zoomed to the point.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO? YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!" Mo shouted.

Ron quickly pulled his gun from his pants and cocked it. The sound of it straightened Mona up in her seat as she became more alert than before. He then pointed it at her face.

"Bitch you were supposed to do exactly what the fuck I said, " Ron remarked.

"Just do it," Mona cried.

Ron chuckled as he stared down at her as the mascara ran down her face.

"JUST DO IT!" Mona shouted.

Ron stared at her impassively and then lowered his gun. The loud beating of Mona's heart decreased a bit as she watched him attentively.

"Why are you trying to hurt me so bad? I never did anything to deserve this Ron. Why can't you just leave us alone?" Mona wondered.

"I can't do that," he spoke low.

"But I can," a female voice uttered.

Mona gasped at the gun shoot and looked over as Ron's body collapsed in front of her. She quickly screamed while covering her mouth to see the same girl that she saw with Janelle.

Cheyenne kicked Ron's body trying to make sure he was dead. Mona fumbled with her fingers and watched as Cheyenne approached her. Her heart beat faster the closer she got to her.

"I suggest you to get tout of here and keep your mouth closed. It's done now," she remarked while untying Mona.