Twenty-One

Mona looked in the mirror at her red dress that accented her curves in every way. She was slim in the right places and plump in the perfect areas. Perfume lingered off her golden brown skin as she applied just the right amount of red to her lip. She then took her cheetah pointed toe high heels and placed them on her feet.

"Hmmm..." She thought.

Her lips twisted she sat in deep thought. She questioned whether or not she was going to throw a black blazer to top everything off.

James quickly interrupted her thoughts as he knocked her door.

"Damnit," she whispered and quickly grabbed the blazer and threw it over her shoulders.

Mona took one more place at herself before she grabbed her black clutch.

James stood behind the door in a nice olive green crew-neck, nice fitted jeans, and brown Cohan dress shoes.

"Hi" Mona smiled brightly.

James cheeks flushed with intensity as he stared at the most beautiful women he ever laid eyes on.

"You look so damn....Amazing I don't think I'll be able to ever let my eyes off you tonight," he expressed lovingly.

Mona blushed and locked her apartment door. She hadn't smiled since hearing the news which was still fresh on her mind.

"Come," he directed while taking her hand.

Mona followed suit and walked down to his mothers car. James opened the door for her and then made his way over to the drivers side.

James smiled and looked over at her before taking off.

"I wanted to take you out to get your mind off of everything because you deserve it Mo. So....I hope that you can relieve some stress off of you," he stated.

Mona took his hand and placed a kiss on it. She then looked out the window at her complex. James smiled small and took off. He took her kiss as a positive vibe.

James bit on his bottom lip nervously. as he soon pulled into a parking lot that accompanied many other cars.

He then got out and helped Mona out of her side.

"Thank you," she smiled small.

James nodded and walked towards the doors to an Italian restaurant.

"Ladies first," he stated while opening the door.

Mona chuckled softly and walked into the door where the two of them approached the hostess.

"Andrews party is here," James acknowledged.

"Follow me," she remarked.

Mona smiled at James as they followed the hostess. She then sat them at the booth while placing their menus down in front of them.

"Your server should be with you shortly," she announced and left.

"Thank you so much James," Mona expressed sincerely.

James smiled as he took her hands and glared into her orbs.

"I had to do this. You've done nothing but look out for me and I couldn't sit there and let you go through what you're going through alone. I know what it was like feeling alone all the time...until you came into my life. I thank you for that. I couldn't;t let you be alone in that house or go through this situation by yourself. I don't know your friend, but I know how much she meant to you," James expressed.