Six

You ever felt like you were drowning but was standing on your own two feet? In a room full of people but nobody can see? Pour the liquor and throw it back wishing all your problems away hoping and praying it's all a Dream? Until you wake up and realize that shit is happening to me?

I had nothing on me... a bag of clothes to my
My name
My daughter on my right side day and night
Had to use leaves just to wipe sometimes
Shit was hard for me
Nobody can tell my story

It was until one day she came and saw me
Save me...
Gave me ...
A chance... for a brand new life I mean
I guess that's why I wanted to make her my wife.

That was until I noticed that I could never give her what she truly deserves
babygirl told me to pack my shit and hit the curb
Ain't no waiting... she got a new dude
Back to my momma house was my only
Move...
I gotta make it some how
Just trynna make my momma proud
Before she leave this earth
Cause her time is winding down

If there's nothing else I say
I know one thing is true...
my joy will always be a blessing to you
She's a blessing to me and really all I need
I'll ask God for guidance, wisdom, and peace
And pray fully hoping Mona will come back to me...

"Thank you," James blushed slightly as he walked off the stage.

"Wooooo..."

James chuckled as he took his seat next to Meghan. She had invited him to an open mic poetry slam. He thought it would be good for him to get out of the house and accepted her offer.

"That was really sweet," she mentioned. "You must really love her"

James looked over at Meg and nodded. Of course he did. He will always love Mona.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She wondered

"No not really," he uttered.

Meghan nodded her head and took her place on the stage once they called her name. A drunken James watched her recite her poetry. It was like music without a beat to his ears. It was like lyrics to the perfect song.

He couldn't stop thinking about Mona. The last three years they spent together weren't always the best but they had great memories as well. There was no denying how much he felt about her, although he wasn't being completely honest with her.

So it's really over 🥺?

James messaged Mona. It wasn't long before she replied.

❤️: What you want?

I want you...

❤️: well you sure wasn't acting like you did the three years we were together. All You ever did was use me to get on your feet.

Dats a mf lie 😒. N u  just gone leave me fa another nigga like dat? Like dats it? No more me n u?

❤️: idk J you're not the man I fell for...

Den y df u can't just talk to me..

❤️: Are you kidding me right now?

Man I ain't begging ya ass no mo if u wanna be wit dat nigga den be wit him fuck it Mo.

❤️: FUCK IT THEN JAMES YOUR ASS NEVER FOUGHT FOR ME NO FUCKING WAY! SO FUCK YOU AND YOUR FEELINGS!