Five (pt 1)

Mona stumbled inside and slammed the door shut. The thought of leaving was making her sick to her stomach as she quickly ran to the bathroom throwing up all of the festivities from earlier.

James wiped the crust out of his eyes as he looked over at the clock reading 2:12am. He had waited as long as he could for her but didn't realize he fell asleep. He sat up quickly after hearing Mona and rushed to her aide.

"Babe you okay?" He spoke.

He brushed some of her hair away as he looked at her.

Mona Laughed listening to his question. She took the back on her hand and wiped the residue from her lips before standing.

"Am I ok?" She repeated.

James Stared at her and grabbed a face rag and ran warm water over it and gently wiped her lips.

"Don't fucking ask me if I'm ok when I've been telling you that I'm NOT!" Mona retorted and pushed him.

She tried stumbling her way out the bathroom but was unsuccessful with James grabbing ahold of her arm.

"You're drunk!"

"I don't have to be drunk to tell you I'm leaving..." she blurted.

James Stared at her taken aback by she said.

"What?"

"You heard me.... I'm leaving you! Matter of fact you can get the fuck out!" She laughed through her orders.

James grabbed her face and searched her eyes. He didn't think he'd give up that easy did she? He wasn't going anywhere and she needed to know that.

"Baby, I love you and I'm trying to make this work! Please! If you want to go to the courthouse tomorrow then let's do it!" He pleaded.

"I deserve a wedding you selfish motherfucker! A WEDDING!" She yelled while hitting his chest. "I'm done..."

James Stared at her as she broke away from his grip. Mona grabbed her clothes from her dresser draws aggressively as she shoved them in a random overnight back she saw
In the closet.

"Baby let's just go to bed"

"Leave me the hell alone!"

"Where you going?"

Mona looked back and laughed "I'm packing your shit bitch!"

James screwed his face as he tried to decipher who she was talking to. This wasn't like Mona.

"Mo, don't disrespect me like that baby we talked about talking to ea-

"You have 10 mins to be out my house..."

"Bu-

"TEN MINUTES!"

"Shhhh! Joy is sleep! And where is she gonna go? I can't just be homeless with her again I ju-

"Why not! You've done it before!" Mona argued ruthlessly

James walked up and snatched the bag from Mona's hand aggressively and tossed it .

"I'm not leaving! We can fix this... please!"

"Fine I'll go!"

Mona brushed past James as she grabbed the overnight back that already had her things in it. Her drunkenness had her thinking all types of ways.

"Mo please..."

"No you're gonna realize what you had! NOBODY gives a fuck about me. NOBODY!" She expressed.

Tears hit James eyes. He hated seeing her this way. Whatever it was he needed to do he was willing to commit to her.

"Baby you know I care!"

"You don't fucking care! You're holding out secrets on me. Probably fucking around on me so you know what? Hunter would love to hold me at night... mmhm surely would. He's waiting on me right now!" Mona sassed.

"You got that nigga waiting for you? I told you not to hang with that nigga! But you're still hanging with him like what I say don't matter!"

"I DONT MATTER! TO YOU JAMES! FUCK YOU AND THIS RELATIONSHIP IM DONE DAMNIT!" Mona shouted throwing her ring at him.

James tried catching her run out of her apartment all the way into the parking lot. He even tried keeping her from getting into his car and watching the smirk on his face did something to his ego. He couldn't believe his eyes. The woman he loved just left him for a man she cheated on him with; a heartbreak he couldn't describe.

A few months later...

"Long time no see...." she smirked.

"So.... do we have a deal?" He wondered

"Did you find her?" She questioned while blowing the smoke into the air.

"Oh I've got her...."

"Then we have a deal..."

*I know things may seem a bit fast, puzzle pieces missing or unsolved but it will all make sense later.