Thirty-Seven

"So how's married life going?" Denise asked on the other end of the phone.

Mona smiled at the thought of it and headed inside from retrieving the mail from outside.

"It's been going pretty good. We had a housewarming last week... that was the only challenge we been faced with thus far," Mona remarked.

She walked inside and watched as Joy danced to videos on YouTube. She smiled softly to herself and headed to her and James master. He was currently out having investment meetings with a few big people to hopefully open more dispensaries in Denver. His next goal was to own a CBD store in Atlanta since weed wasn't legal in the state of Georgia.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. I was here trying to make sure the business was okay and we had a lot going on last week, but I'm definitely going to put my gift in the mail," Denise spoke.

"Oh it's okay, I think we're actually going to be coming up to Denver soon. James has to check in on his store," she stated.

"Ooohh yes we definitely got to get together. I can't wait," Denise spoke.

"Me either, we're definitely going to have a good time." Mona laughed.

"So what happened at the house warming?" Denise wondered.

Mona took a seat on the bed and gave Denise the whole spill. She then discussed the weird text message she got that she never responded to. 

"Wow thats absolutely crazy," she remarked.

"Yeah it was but we are okay now.... We were able to go Christmas shopping and everything for Joy so...I think that we're good still. James had a separate account with his mother's life insurance policy money in it that he's been saving. I think he actually used some of it to start his dispensary business. I'm just grateful we weren't put into a huge hole. I'm still trying to get everything together myself. Hunter used to manipulate me out of all of the money I was making from the shop. I should've been smarter to save but...I wasn't."

"I understand completely. I'm happy that y'all aren't in a hole either. Just know that I'm here for you if you ever need me. I know what it's like to struggle and I don't want you to have to go through that. Not by yourself either," Denise stated.

"Awww thank you. I actually told my dad what happened a few days ago and he gave me some money to help me. I haven't told James though. I really want to get him a wedding band since we don't have any rings," Mona stated.

"That would be a nice Christmas gift. I'm sure he would love it,"  Denise remarked.

"Yeah... well I'm going to go ahead and get ready to take Joy out and start looking for one," Mona stated.

"Girl gone head and while those sales going on," Denise chuckled.

"Okay!," Mona emphasized as she laughed.

"Oh one more thing before you go, are yall going to have a reception ceremony?" She questioned.

"Well we haven't really talked about it....maybe after a year we can have a vow renewal or something,"  Mona stated.

"Oh ok cool. Alright girl I just wanted to check. I love you," Denise remarked.

"I love you too," Mona stated as she ended the call.