Eyes Like Stars

<So for right now, we're gonna be Karkat again>

The spot on my neck was still tingling like a bitch. It throbbed slightly, sending small pulsations through my body. I wasn't complaining though. It felt nice to have it there. Almost like a reminder that I had Dave and he cared. Getting it also felt amazing. It was a unique feeling that I couldn't really describe if I tried. The only way to even begin was that it made me feel warm inside. Completely warm all the way in the pit of my stomach and all the way through my body. My mind went entirely numb throughout that and all I could really think about was the fact that I was in bliss and all of Dave's attention was on me. I loved every second of it. Not that I'd admit that. It was bad enough that I basically asked him to mark me up. Sure, it was just one tiny mark that would probably go away in a few days, but it was still there. My body was starting to heat up again the more I thought about this. I wondered if he could tell. Well, if he could, I sure as fuck didn't know.

At some point, I started to drift off, the world around me fading into black. Sometimes, the feeling terrified me. I hated not being able to control that very well. I hated sleeping in general which may be surprising considering how much I've done it in the past few days. Yawning, I snuggled closer to Dave. He just felt really warm and firm. I liked having him be right there for me, as selfish as that may sound. He said something at some point and my ears perked up, but I couldn't really tell what he was trying to tell me. Giving him a squeeze, I sighed and finally let my mind slip away.

<Since we haven't checked up on our OTHER lovebirds, be Kankri>

Yes, I had heard him tell me that he loved me. No, I did not intend on responding or even mentioning that it had happened. It was the next day, and he had been acting odd throughout all of it.

As I bustled around in the kitchen, Cronus sat at the table and watched me. It was making me a little uncomfortable, but I felt that it would be weird to say something. Awkwardly straightening up the neck of my sweater, I stirred around the pot in front of me.

"S9, h9w l9ng are y9u planning 9n staying here?" I hoped that he would stay for a while because it felt so quiet here without Karkat, but I knew that he would probably leave soon as he does probably have a life, despite what he may say.

"Oh, I vwas actually plannin' on leavwin' tonight, y'knovw? I'vwe imposed on ya long enough Kanny- er- Kankri."

"I see. I w9uld n9t mind y9u staying f9r l9nger if y9u wished, 6ut if y9u w9uld like t9 g9, that is y9ur decisi9n."

He chucked dryly, "Yea, I got it, Chief. Don't vworry about it," then, he lapsed back into silence. It was so uncharacteristic and odd. I was starting to get worried.

Finishing up the cooking, I started to make bowls and get everything set up as Cronus stared at his hands. Sitting across from him, I watched him and tried several times to start talking to him to no avail. I couldn't think of a way to simply ask him what was bothering him.

It was only as I watched him picking morosely at his food that I managed to speak up, "Cr9nus?"

He jolted a bit and looked up at me, "Yea?"

"F9rgive me and c9rrect me if I'm wr9ng, 6ut is s9mething wr9ng?"

"Nah, Kanny. Just sad to go, is all," instantly, he pasted a smile on his face, but I could see the strain behind it.

"That simply cann9t 6e right, 6ut if y9u d9 n9t wish t9 have me pressing the issue, I will 96lige."

There was a bark of laughter from him, but again, it sounded so... off, "That's the thing. I vwant ya ta keep askin' and I vwant ta tell ya, but I knovw that I shouldn't. It'll just make things difficult."