The Shower Scene

<The only thing shorter than this troll is his temper. You're him>

When Dave and I had gotten back to Eridan's, we were greeted by Kanaya and Rose. Rose seemed to bound off of the front stoop when she saw us stepping out of the car and I was a little taken aback by her peppiness. I ended up ducking behind Dave for most of it. One cool thing about having a boyfriend was that I could easily hide behind him whenever I needed to.

He led me back into the house and took me upstairs to the room I had claimed a while ago. I set my things on the floor and took a seat on the bed. It felt weird to be there. The smell was odd and everything seemed too... comfortable.

"dave...?" my voice seemed to carry too far along the walls of the room.

"Hm?" he flopped down next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist, "what's up, sweetcheeks?" he lowered his shades and gave me a wink, grinning smugly at me.

I huffed before speaking, "not the time, asshole."

"Sorry," although, something told me he wasn't sorry at all.

"yea, sure, whatever," I rubbed at my arms uncomfortably, "it's no big deal anyway."

"Karks, if you were gonna bother saying it in the first place, it has to be of at least some importance."

I shrugged and leaned against his shoulder, sighing, "i guess i was just wondering about what you're-about what WE'RE, gonna do when school starts back up."

He seemed to be stifling a smile when he responded, "What else would we do? We'll go to school. We only got one year left and I promise you, Kitten. It'll be the best damn year you've ever had."

Pouting, I pulled back and looked at him skeptically, "i doubt that."

"C'mon Karkles, what's with the face? You have a whole year of me bailing you out of class to make out under the stairwell to look forward to~"

I got that he was trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. It must have shown on my face because he let his expression fall back to neutral. Moving from the bed, he knelt on the floor in front of me and held onto my hands. He planted a kiss on each one and gave them a squeeze.

"Karkat, I don't understand what you're afraid of. Help me out here so I can help you."

"i-i know it's no big deal... but i get nervous about being at school with you and.. other people..." I watched his face as the realization slowly crept over it in time with my blush.

He grinned again and let out a genuine laugh that made my insides squirm, "Oh, Karkat. You're not jealous are you? Honey, lemme be the first to tell you. You got nothing to worry about."

I huffed and let my shoulders scrunch up by my ears as he watched me. He chuckled and stood up, still grasping my hands. He slowly pulled me to my feet and tried to draw me closer, but I stayed put and shook my head.

"dave, as charming as you're being right now, i desperately need a shower and i cannot stand the smell of myself for any longer," it wasn't entirely untrue, but I just wanted to make this conversation stop.

"Oh? Are you gonna let me come with?" I flushed and stared up at him for a few solid seconds. Taking a breath, I started to weigh the pros and cons of what I was about to do.

"y'know what? sure. knock yourself out," I let go of one of his hands and watched him stare at me in disbelief.

"Hol' up, who are you and what have you done with Karkat?"

I rolled my eyes and flicked his nose at the corny line, "just shut up and grab a towel before i change my mind," I mumbled before heading into the adjacent bathroom. Dave followed soon after, still looking dumbfounded as before.