9: HOLY MACARONI.

"I can't take away your pain but I can make you feel better."

-Teni makanaki.

"You heard me right

"You heard me right." He said.

She rolled her eyes. "So what are you? A psychologist?"

He shrugged while she rolled her eyes. He began to caress his jawline while studying her face.

In a moment he noticed she had full, dark and perfectly carved eyebrows. They hovered above
her big doe eyes that were coated with kohl and would normally unflatteringly stand out amongst
other eyes. His eyes ran down to her small, flat nose, then to the tiny, black pimples scattered on
top and around it. Close to the nose, stood a black mole that he thought made her look cuter. He
didn't fail to notice her perfect cheekbones and how her bottom plump pink lip complemented
her features even more.

She looked at him, impatiently. "Why did you say that?"

"What?" He feigned ignorance to annoy her.

"You said I can't deceive you with my smile. You said if my eyes could show my soul, everyone
would cry when they see me smile."

He gave a nod, smiling now. "I know what I said."

May glared at him this time around, unable to hide her annoyance. "And I asked why you said that, you haven't given me an answer yet."

"Uh? What's that on your cheek?" He asked, changing the topic on purpose.

She touched her cheek, her eyes widening a little. "What?"

She didn't wait for his response as she turned to look at her reflection on his car side mirror. She saw a small bruise, that she hadn't noticed earlier, forming on her right cheek due to her fall on the wooden table.

"Uhm... It's nothing."

He raised a thick, black brow at her. "Are you sure? Or would you like to share?"

"Nope. It's truly nothing."

"Okay," he said, not wanting to press further. "Where are you heading to? I can give you a ride."

"Nowhere in particular."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning I just wanted to stroll with no destination in mind."

He shook his head thoughtfully. "Okay then, jump in."

Soon enough, they are riding through the streets in silence. May was too busy admiring houses they passed while he was focused on the road ahead. When he got tired of the silence, he turned on the radio. Madison Beer's song 'Dead' started playing.