35: HORNY DIVORCE DAY!

"Maybe what I really wanted was to prove that I could do things right."

-Mukin, Mukin.

..........................♥..........................

C H A P T E R 35:

Tapping his fingers against his laps repeatedly to the rhythm of the song streaming from the taxi's radio, didn't stop him from checking his wrist watch every now and then.

He was only doing it to exercise patience but he was losing it. He couldn't simply understand why he was asked to board a taxi straight to the old family house first without even given the chance to go home, freshen up, eat and rest.

He loosened the tie around his neck tiredly and rolled his eyes to his side. There sat an equally tired woman, his mistress, whom was to go home with him and spend a good time with him as usual.

She had arrived few days ago and had stayed over at her friends place. They agreed that on his way back from his trip, he would stop by, pick her up and take her to his house. But instead of taking her home straight, here they were waiting for his mother whom he was sure was up to something with the way she sounded over the phone when she had called.

Just like in cue, his mother appears outside through the door, tying and untying her George wrapper tightly around her waist and fixing the wig on her head properly.

"What took you so long, mama?" He asked once she drew closer to the taxi, his face and voice showing off how exhausted he was.

"Sorry," Mama Edric simply apologized as she pushed herself into the car, occupying the front vacant seat of the taxi. Immediately she sat and closed the door, the cars engine reeled to life as without even being told to, the driver began to drive out of the busy street to the main road. "You didn't even care to come in and check on your daughter," She reminded him, suddenly frowning.

Edric sighed, tilting his head towards the car window just so the cool breeze will sweep across his already sweating face, "I don't have the time."

Mama Edric shot her right brow up as looking through the rear mirror, her eyes landed on that lady she had come to dislike so much, "You don't have the time to see Maryam but you have the time for Bella." Her body shook with anger, "Such a shame."

"Mama, that's not the point. The thing is after I arrived here, I haven't had time for myself. I went to Bella's place to pick her up and then came over here to pick you up as well. I don't even know the reason why you insisted that I come here to pick you up first before I go home but I know that I need to bath, eat and rest right now. You need to understand." He explained.

"Understand what? What do you want me to understand?" Mama Edric shushed, "The fact that you have being an irresponsible husband or what?"

Edric didn't want to argue with her or else he would lose more strength so he kept his mouth shut. He was hungry and felt overused. Trying to explain himself to mama- which was only going to be a waste of time and energy- would only make him hungrier.

Having being noticed before, it was at that time Bella dimmed it fit to greet, "Mama, Good afternoon,"

Mama Edric waved it off with contempt, "What is good about the afternoon? Please just keep quiet there. Do not say a word. I really don't want to hear your silly voice or see your ugly face which is only going to spoil my good mood this afternoon. I just want to go to my sons house, eat the homemade food his wife prepared and then, relax."