15: JUNGLE JUSTICE.

We know everything yet, we know nothing.
—Love_richie.

Iby's dazed look only infuriated May more. She repeated the same question again.

"Iby, do you kill people for a living?"

The longer he left the question unanswered, the faster her heart beat. She didn't know why but
she could almost hear the thudding in her ears. Slow but heavy.

Was she friends with a murderer? If he decided to kill her now, could she defend herself?

No! She wouldn't be able to. If she was that powerful she'd never allow Edric to abuse her.

Different questions flooded her mind. She couldn't think straight. In fact, she didn't know what to
think.

Her question kept ringing in his ears, bringing back memories he thought he could run away from. He couldn't help but ask himself the same question in his head. Am I a killer? Am I?

His mouth instantly went dry. He gulped with eyes as wide as an owl's. His breathing began slowing or so he thought.

The screams. The blood.

Iby couldn't shake it out of his mind. His features suddenly seemed frightened, his eyes focusing on May but he wasn't looking at her. They seemed distant. Far.

This realization only scared May. She couldn't take the silence anymore. She screamed, "Iby!"

He shifted his eyes to her now. His mind back to reality. Back to his present state with her in his
apartment. "Eh?"

Relief surged through her due to his response. "What is wrong with you? You're acting weird."

He sighed in frustration. "I am fine."

"You don't look like it—"

"I said I am fine!"

The way he shouted made her jolt backward, shivering in shock.

He sighed yet again, running both hands on his hair, trying to calm down. He looked a mess.

"I’m sorry if I snapped—"

"You yelled at me." May angrily cut in, watching him with disbelieving eyes.

She could easily walk away from him, cut all ties, forget she'd ever met someone like him, but she couldn't. She didn't even have a valid reason why.

There was something pulling her to him with every minute she was or had spent with him. He
might not have seemed to be the perfect guy, but there was something... Maybe it was the way he laughed so easily and freely like nothing else in the world mattered. How he always tried to pick out little jokes whenever they were having a conversation just to make her laugh. Or was it how he always looked at her with amusement in his captivating eyes?

She didn't know. He just held this mysterious charm that no one else could. Not even Edric.

Iby looked hurt. She looked annoyed. But deep down her heart, she was having this feeling that he needed help but how?