31: THE DEPARTURE.

⚠ Warning!⚠ long chapter with multiple characters ahead! Make sure you read carefully to understand. Thanks.

"Don't complicate life. We won't be here forever. Once this day's over, it's gone forever. Your time is too valuable for nonsense."

              Anonymous.

................................♥...............................

C H A P T E R 31:

The more the cool breeze blew on her face - swiping her hair here and there, more houses and green trees passed by swiftly. She wished Iby would slow down a little bit so she'd get a better view of those large companies they had droved passed.

Moving the hairs out of her face- tucking them behind her ears, and regretting ever letting Iby change her hairstyle, she said, "Can you slow down a bit, please.."

"No." He replied flatly, "It's a two hours ride, May. It'll soon get dark. We have to reach there on time."

She mentally rolled her eyes at him, "Says the one who forgot and went to play football because it was more important to him."

"Haba!" Iby exclaimed, controlling the wheel. "Don't start, May.. I thought we had dropped this topic already. Why bringing it up again?"

Instead of a reply, she sucked in a deep breath, closed her eyes and let the fresh breeze sweep across her face.

Not exactly two hours later, they drove through the large gate and into the beautiful estate. Each building were exactly the same. They all had petal blue and cream walls with different colors of flowers at the sides, close to the front door. One could easily get confused if not for the numbers indicated on the doors. It was the only difference.

They got down from the car as they reached their destination. May looked around as Iby rang the door bell. Before he could ring it the second time, a young lady opened the door with a wide strain on her cheeks immediately she saw who it was.

She immediately jumped on Iby. "I've missed you!" she shouted. With her hands wrapped tightly around his shoulder, she rocked him left and right. The smile on her face never faded away.

"Woa, woa, woa! Calm down, Ebiere. You have to take it easy. Don't forget you're pregnant."

True to Iby's words, when Ebiere pulled away, was when May got to see that she had a bump on her stomach. She also took in Ebiere's appearance. Her obviously full ebony hair plaited in neat cornrows, pulled into a bun at the back. She had few grey hairs here and there on her head. She wore a printed T-shirt and black shorts that stops on her knees. The longer May stared at her with bulgy eyes, the more she admired Iby's favourite cousin.

When Ebiere finally pulled away from the hug, she turned to May, "You must be May, right?"

May gave a curt nod -feeling her voice would fail her if she speaks- and before she knew it, a body is pressed against hers in a bone cracking hug.

"It's really nice to meet you," Ebiere told her. Then she held May's shoulder with both her hands on the sides and looked into May's eyes, "I've heard so much about you from my cousin."

May's eyes widened slightly, "Really?" she finally managed to ask.

"Don't believe her, May. She is exaggerating." Iby kicked in quickly before Ebiere had the chance to reply May's question.