II. LONELY

a soft knock thumped against the mahogany door and [your name] jutted her chin up from her newspaper. she voiced a grunted 'come in' while signifying her hand lazily in the air. then her eyes returned back to the paper but keeping her eyes slightly peered over. the door revealed veronica in her formal attire and she was pushing a shiny silver cart with a complete china tea set on top.

                      ❝ your beverage, madam, ❞ she poured the beautifully designed teapot into the miniature cup and out came rushed the light brown-colored liquid, ❝ it's coffee and it's originated from ethiopia. of course in the states you have already tasted the savory but i was beginning to think ever since you arrived here, why not make everything a bit cozy?❞

              as soon as she said that, [your name] abruptly put the cup back on the tray and batted her lashes, ❝ don't patronize me, ❞ a sneer was mocked on her features, ❝ i'm already adjusting to this new enviroment and i dislike the thought of you killing my energy. ❞ she took a tasteful sip and recognized a hint of caramel & salt.

       veronica bowed without protesting an argument,  ❝ of course, madam. ❞ she said, with an awful amount of calmness in her voice.

         [your name] closed her eyes and sighed, ❝ the drink was simply nostalgic and scrumptious. ❞ veronica solely nodded and waited patiently for the container of the coffee to be emptied then to be refilled it again. her greenery-ocean eyes gazed on the opal gem attached on her madam's bow over her neck.

the simple jewelry has some distinctive characteristics, and is considered to have a shield against diseases. it is to symbolize hope, purity, and truth. opal has very grand and magnificent cases, although, the owner herself calls it despicable. she detests its properties and origins, for she denied it didn't give her fortune enough. it was ironic how she was accessorized by the jewel and fastened to her.

       despite the fact she seemed to be careless about her hatred towards this particular object, the opal also held a few special properties that might be deemed as useful. she received the piece at a certain circumstance, and now it was beautifully crafted as an auxiliary in various cases. itself has interesting conditions, such as expressing random colors when the owner is feeling at a specific emotion.

        anger, for example, expresses the sentiment of red while blue, are partners with sadness. currently, the young girl is displaying an orange describes annoyance or to her own definition, ugh-every-existence-is-a-nuisance-to-me. in certain scenarios, she experiences an orangish or yellowish color which means she's nonchalantly interested in a subject of some sort. there are other times when the opal creates a grey, passive color, meaning that she is bored.

          the brooch was getting noticeably orange-er and veronica caught its attention, ❝ my lady, if you wish, i can freely dismiss myself now. ❞ it started to develop a darker shade and then into a crimson, indicating [your name]'s blood exceeds the thermometer.

she shook her head and sighed then plopped the newspaper back in its original place on her desk, ❝ it's not that veronica, it's just.. ❞ she trailed off and propped her elbow on the wooden surface, ❝ england is so eccentric. i've always assumed it was tea here and tea there and anything that is tea— now i sound like its directing to a stereotype but er, whatever, —but it appears that it consists of a string of misfortunes! ❞

her butler confirmed by cocking an eyebrow to gush her towards elaboration, ❝ i'm not comprehending your point..? ❞ she stated, although it sounded like a mere question.

❝ the point is.. wait, there are no points? ugh, what i meant to say is, this country is filled with issues that are utterly ridiculous! ❞ she cried, flabbergasted as she picked up the newspaper and waved it in a fashion of exaggeration, ❝ it ills me. ❞ she finished coolly that appalled veronica.