XXXVII. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY

the feather-like touch still lingered on her plump lips, her tongue slicking on the mildly swollen surface. the feeling of want gnawed in her core and the overwhelming burden weighed on her back. she wanted to utter a word, or at least slip in a lenient whisper to the boy. she wanted to take her breath and fan it against the shell of his ear. her need was dried with the dissatisfaction ciel needed to fulfill. he was dense, hence he was dense about the current circumstance they are involved in.

perhaps he was residing in the previous situation at bay, knowing that if he were further to think about what had happened, he wouldn't be able to obtain a stoic expression. on the other hand, [your name] eventually managed to control her struggling and became nonchalant with him. as if nothing had happened. nevertheless, the thick chaste of sultry kiss burned on their mouths like activated charcoal. it tingled, in a cool sense that it left them comfortable and full of bliss.

❝ ciel? ❞ the mention of his name caused him to revert his full attention on her.

he hummed lowly, ❝ hm? ❞

     an initial thought overcome in his mind, thinking that she would inquire and remind him what just happened, apparently, that was not the case when she sighed. almost in annoyance, ❝ your butler and veronica are surely taking their sweet time. something must've happened in retrieving the key while we were occupied.. ❞

    a bloom of red rushed to his cheeks, ❛ occupied...? ❜ he dismissed the intrusive thoughts that bombarded in his mind and answered again with a hum of remark, ❝ hmm.. ❞ she raised a stern suspicious brow at his mere response, and she dared to inquire.

❝ is everything alright ciel? did i do something wrong? ❞ a frown plastered on her worried features, eliciting a splutter from the said boy, ❝ was it the kiss..? ❞ she slightly gasped as a newfound realization concluded to her. he shook his head profusely, already buried in a flustered clutter while a wild memory performed on his brain, the images engraving it like hot iron.

indecent fool.

❝ n-no! it's not about the kiss at all!— ❞

suddenly, a few bursts of snickers came from her, startling the earl further, ❝ then at least tell me how the kiss was, ❞ a sparkle shimmered on her right [your eye color] hue along with exposing a devious and brilliant grin. ciel was unsure about her drastic alter of mood and it somewhat frightened him. the aphrodisiac effect might have worn off, now that she has cooled down..

      she must've noticed the sheer pregnant silence that distanced between them since she hasn't received a response yet, ❝ earth to ciel! ❞ she loudly chirped, so loud, that her voice bounced off the hollow-like walls. her eruption ceased his drift because he regressed to reality, ❝ nevermind how the kiss was, i'm perfectly sure you enjoyed it, and there's no denying. anyway, if the others don't come back, we may as well explore the place a little more. ❞

reluctantly ignoring her first statement, he stood in another brief quietness and spoke, ❝ what was your discussion with alois during your vanquishment? i'm sure it wasn't just simply a chat over tea.. ❞ his gaze slowly leveled to her own, ❝ explain the aphrodisiac he drugged you. ❞ he folded his arms across his chest, determined to know her answer. the way alois and [your name] interacted in the first encounter, it stirred a certain emotion in his stomach.

❝ it was simply just a chat over tea. and he drugged me for a reason. ❞ her eyes were closed, though the relaxed expression rested on her features while she pursed her lips.

❝ and that reason is...? ❞ he cocked his jaw to the side, awaiting a final response.

she fluttered her eyes exposed, ❝ i'm afraid i can't tell you lord phantomhive, ❞ a slippery surface glossed over her hues.

he allowed himself to churn a frown on his face and clicked his tongue in disappointment.

    ❝ but in all of seriousness, the drug was worth it; i really enjoyed that short-lived session~ ❞ she grinned a killer lewd grin.

((author's note: hanako is fucking adorably hot okay???-))

another layer of blush adorned his skin and he blinked more than ten times, caught off-guard from her shifted expression. his mouth was unable to form the words as he kept stammering them. [your name] giggled at his attempted lack of communication as he focused on the floor to strain himself from being an awkward mess when he looks at her.

—•-•—
so that wraps up. i'm sorry if that was too short for your liking, this was merely a chapter to ease the whole book. i promise not to do that again, however, that promise will lead to a half-promise in a span of four months. to elaborate.. this book is going to be ongoing/hiatus. you're probably "whAT-" "MIKAELA U CANT DO THIS TO US-" and you're right, i can't do that to y'all.

i'm still in the black butler fandom (like seriously when the fuck are they going to release a new season) and my undying love for the characters hasn't died. but don't get me wrong; i'm not leaving the fandom. in fact, i am staying- no, living in the fandom.

school and other personal stuff have been increasing my lack of writing and it kinda puts me down in the dumps. for instance, i'm occupied with crap load of projects and tests each week and it's hard trying to stay on-task. and i'm not kidding because one, i'm not capable of handling & studying overnight for a test. because before i do those, i actually write and read on this platform. that way, i can spark a little inspiration in my mind so i can write these chapters dedicated to my readers.

i really do try my best to write these fanfictions to make my audience enjoy these writings, but it seems like these issues are losing my focus to publish chapters. it also stimulates my stress (mom once told me that im too young to get stressed and i told her ur too old too worry about me). again, i am sorry. i really am. but i can make up to you, i promise. like with my whole heart, hell, i'll give you extra organs if you don't accept my promise-

for now, i'm planning to continue writing this book when school hits over. basically around May, which is four months haha.

see you on may, love u.