IV. PREPARATIONS

❝ breakfast is served, my lady! ❞ hazel declared as she settled a shiny plate occupied by a delicious mixture.

jade was the first one to describe, ❝ today's meal is portrayed scrambled eggs, salted bacon with maple syrup glazed over them— i discovered you're fond of that, hope you don't mind —and french toast. ❞ she concluded with a bright grin and bowed.

        [your name] forked on the curly meat that was sizzled by a thick glistening a rusty-brown substance. momentarily, she smiled in surprised which followed a few more bites on the food. hazel & jade were happy with their lady's satisfaction and the hunger that subsided. veronica filled her teacup with the usual drink and returned to her original, quiet position.

     ❝ veronica bring me the newspaper, ❞ she ordered, whilst drinking her morning coffee then the butler faithfully obeyed and gave it to her with no hesitation, ❝ intriguing. ❞ a murmur was said to her lips as she mugged her chin in a deep study like a puzzle.

       hazel gave a hasty glance at the newspaper, ❝ what is it madam? ❞ she asked and her bangs lightly bounced with curiosity.

         she flopped the daily report on the mahogany table, ❝ there are so many young earls. apparently, there was this certain one who disappeared a few months ago, and recently he appeared, ❞ she started, ❝ he came from the trancy manor, and he appears to be the last one. it's strange to think that a boy like him had vanished, but now he just happened to show up. ❞ and the typical profound look has found its way to her face.

     ❝ i have to agree with you, miss [your name], ❞ veronica approved, ❝ it is bizarre that the young earl child went lost, but now found. would you like for me to investigate, madam? ❞ she offered.

    a rich expression lit on jade's face, ❝ i would like to contribute on the case, miss. ❞ she volunteered as she lifted her hand.

❝ i guess so, to make the mission solved as soon as possible, ❞ [your name] propped her elbow on the table and crossed her legs like a narcissistic king on a throne, ❝ in the meantime, i will let hazel choose my dress for tonight's event. i'm assuming you have a virtuous taste of fashion, don't you, hazel? ❞ she asked out of boredom towards the eager maid.

       hazel nodded enthusiastically, ❝ certainly, my lady! ❞ a plan of thoughts started to pile in her head, ❝ may i also do the arrangement of your face and hair? ❞

    ❝ your assistance on that would help me tremendously, ❞ [your name] reverted to her original position and a smile pleasants on her features, ❝ now that everything is settled, your tasks should be going on about now. hazel, escort me to my bedroom so that the picking shall begin. ❞ she ordered.

      the three servants halfway bent down, ❝ right away, miss. ❞ the other two exits to their own ways while the wavy golden-haired woman remained.

they gradually galloped on the staircase till the familiar bedroom entrance was in front of their eyes. hazel meekly opened the door as [your name] gracefully entered with her hands clasped together on her stomach. she stepped in as well and held in her emotions that were getting the best of her ever since she laid her eyes on the master's bedroom.

      it looked strikingly and royally marvelous because of its elegant beauty of the walls. the way the red roses bloomed in the corners of the room and vines seemed to grow out of them was appealing to her eyes under her silky blonde bangs. there was a sheer curtain drawn in outside of the two-door window. she was blindly astounded by admiration when her attention was immediately landed on the bed. unconsciously, she wondered mentally how it feels to run her fingers on those large floral duvets.