X. RELIVING

tears of crystals slid on her cheeks that appeared dull as the color of her somber opal. she was deeply traumatized by her previous episode that made her efforts drained to stop crying. the side of her fist strenuously scraped her slit droplets whilst clinging onto the boy's rough article of clothing that was stained with dark blotches. her flashback ticked in her mind and her wish was to immediately remove the disturbing torment. ciel's aqua hues flickered with guilt as he toils her in safety and comfort. he can envision what she's suffering through, for he had endured the torture a few years ago. the agony that embedded on his body ghosted on his flesh, burned with spite and malevolence. his heart quivered in fear, but for now, what's currently going on is significant and it's suitable to throw the horrible past.

the liquid budded in the bottom of her sclera ran down as the train of rain falling on a window pane. it sagged down and drooped on her chin, while more water streaks licked her wet cherry lips. involuntarily, her tongue introduced to a salty taste as her tears entered her mouth and she could care less. she could imagine that her appearance was scattered pathetically and unattractively. so disgusting and gross, she'd described. nevertheless, she persisted into strings of broken hiccups & sobs. it stunned her, that the boy who was offering his reassurance, was tolerating with patience. he was a kind gentleman, despite her unanswering his perpetual interrogations. ironically did it sound. she understood his exertions to ease her and suspected he'd dealt with these particular situations, taking in the account he's the queen's guard dog for heaven's sake.

his calloused fingertips wove into her messy [your hair color] curls that glistened like transparent ivory silk. its thick strands parted between his fingers, in tendrils of a tree's roots, descending into the earth's crust. he mindlessly admired the beautiful asset of hers and it was remarkably velvety, reminding of her deceased mother's dress. the memory gave him a warm wistful yet homesick feeling. he recalled the touch of his parent's gown and how it smoothed on his finger pads. when the weather was bright & optimistic and they were having a picnic, they were playing classic croquet. his father was included along with the typical charming grin of his. there were birds perching on a tree's branch, nibbling on the fruits the plant provided. he remembered looking at them, and his mother told him it was a european goldfinch species.

the image emerged into his memory, and it was graphically detailed he wondered how he could remember such a detailed animal. its feathers sported with vibrant colors, and it displayed so beautifully. he reminisced the sight of a black pigment, crowning on top of the head while its face was shaded with wine-red. their beady onyx eyes watched little ciel so skeptically and its frame cocked to the side while it tweeted. cheerfully, their wings patterned a coal-black & gold stripes and their body was mainly chestnut. he loved the way the birds puffed their chests up, it was entertaining.

his favorite recollection wilted, like the orange blaze of a candle slowly fading in a pitch-black room and then darkness consumed. this time, he glimpsed back at [your name]'s glossy strained eyes and cupped her cheeks. he saw her irises washed with despair and melancholy, he was going to change that. but instead, her vulnerability surprisingly left as she audaciously smeared her tears off.

❝ i apologize for being the damsel in distress, it must have been a complete waste of time in your schedule, ❞ she sniffled, wearily standing up and rubbed her stingy eyes, ❝ the present is what matters, this trifling circumstance isn't for us to be concerned as of right now. ❞ veronica trudged to her presence and handed her a napkin to dab her tears.

ciel, who was strikingly appalled at her instantaneous behavior, widened his admiral spheres, ❝ a-actually, it's acceptable to weep after a horrendous flashback, its quite a stir to resurrect those memories but you will grow to adjust it— ❞