XXXVI. UNCEREMONIOUS

no one expected him to be here.

neither did [your name],

ciel,

no one.

so, why was he here?

especially with his one arachnid of a butler?

❝ you imbecile- ❞ ciel began with a scowl as he started marching towards the blonde, but was stopped by [your name]'s stiff arm. her head was lowered to the ground and it gradually rose up to meet the gaze of two piercing atlantic blue eyes.

      she trotted to the blonde, ceasing to a stop then glanced over her shoulder to see ciel with a puzzled expression, ❝ we'll be excused for a moment. ❞ the bluenette shouted and when they turned around, he attempted to use his arm to reach her. it was to no avail since they began walking and then halted. instantaneously, the trio dissolved into fragments of glass and its remnants were remained on the floor, untouched.

   the young earl was left alone with his thoughts, as well as his mouth hanging open from shock. the only logical explanation he had in his head was the opal necklace lady delores possessed, in which he concluded the expeditious shatter belonged to that latter. he recalled the time when he was discussing with veronica in the garden.

she flashed a famous one million dollar smile that most likely inherited it from a certain person, the opal of mood and illusions? why yes, of course! it has advantages. he was glad that undertaker wasn't deceiving him.

his eyebrows creased to the center, advantages?

it's pretty self-explanatory hence the title is given. anyway, it can make you vanish in a blink of an eye, make you explode into a thousand murder of crows or collapse to the ground into tiny bits of glass. basically, those are all just disappearing techniques, she explained, my mistress and i have been together to an extent of four years.

he shivered at the scrap of useful memory and sighed, most likely lady delores led the earl trancy to her demise. whatever she's leading him to, hopefully, it can only end in a matter of seconds. meanwhile, [your name] was actually reprimanding alois over tea back at his manor.

❝ you're so impatient alois, ❞ she sipped on the rim of her china cup, relishing the honeyed flavor, ❝ you have the mentality of a 5-year-old's virtue. ❞

❝ you're so meeaan, [your name]~! ❞ an immature frown was settled on his face, scrunching his brows to the center of his nose as he did so, ❝ also, put some respect on my occupation and my name. has the phantomhive rubbing off his first name on you? ❞

she sharply inhaled, setting her cup on the petite plate, ❝ i asked him to call me by my name. and i don't care about your occupation or name, we both know that's not the case, ❞ her chin rested on her flattened palms as she gave him her void of bad omen eyes, ❝ is it, jim? ❞

a hysterical laugh came out of his mouth, shutting his eyes from the seemly joke she made, ❝ ahaha.. haha.. ohh.. ❞ he wiped the fake droplet that creeped in the corner of his icy hues, ❝ go take me that ring and you will receive a handsome information. ❞ his tone dropped a few octaves to his laughter and a malicious grin twisted on his face.

she laughed a laugh that matched his sadistic laugh while closing her eyes, ❝ take and receive, eh? ❞ her eyes slowly fluttered, unveiling a canvas of an ill sign.