XXI. UNEXPECTED GUESTS

❝ for today's meal, i present you orange chicken, drizzled in cilantro and steamed rice with soy sauce, eggs, peas, carrots, and green onions, ❞ he recited the words that replayed in his head, ❝ sir malcolm insisted that he would eat in the kitchen with the others. ❞

[your name] arched a suspicious brow, ❝ are we dining here? ❞

❝ if you'd like, we can dine downstairs. ❞ ciel offered, marginally rising from his seat. she shook her head in response, her features becoming light and airy with a smile.

       ❝ that's fine, having our lunch here is perfect. besides, i love the scenery. ❞ she remarked, using her arm to showcase the efflorescent lawn behind a large window.

       his sky-blue eye showed a sign of gratitude, ❝ i'm glad that you enjoy looking at my garden, ❞ he burst into a small snicker, ❝ given that the bee occurrence felt like it seemingly happened moments ago. ❞ his small laughter turned into a solid one.

❝ you're so impractical, phantomhive, ❞ she frowned playfully but then lowering her irises darkly, ❝ we both know you're just impersonating a lively impression so that you could learn and gain knowledge from me. ❞ her lips stretched into a malicious beam while her eyelids shut tightly. almost like a sadistic close-eyed smile.

he chortled lamely, rolling his eyeball in response, ❝ what am i supposed to say then? shall i tell you that i'm dallying your golden strings and basically manipulating you so i could find what your true nature is? ❞

she chuckled half-heartedly, ❝ that wouldn't be fun. you know, there's a partial difference between here and now, one lacks commitment & the other is enhanced in their place. ❞

      ❝ i am ciel earl phantomhive, that is my position. and i get what i want, ❞ he abruptly stood up from his chair, his palms planted on the rough surface of the table, ❝ tell me, lady delores, where are they? ❞

[your name] teasingly tilted her head to the side, her victory rolls slightly crooked, ❝ you have to be more specific than that, guard dog. ❞

❝ alois trancy and his butler. ❞ the firmness of his tone almost pried off her secret, but she was skillful.

        she masked an unhappy expression, ❝ those two? why, i haven't seen them since yesterday. ❞ at least that was part of the truth. he narrowed his lazuline iris, urging her to proceed.

there was a blissful, yet an ear-splitting moment when that high-strident voice pecked at their eardrums, indicating the fair-haired lady barged into the manor. an annoyed look was worn on his face while the other girl behind him silently released a breath she had been holding during the heated conversation. sebastian was merely there, standing beside the door before opening to let out the pig-tailed girl rush towards the young earl, engulfing him into an air-sucking and bone-crushing hug.

another unwanted person entered the room, his features scattered a hasty aspect. his luscious dandelion locks were unkempt, possibly from the chase after his sister. a shade of basil colored his dignified eyes. she took a good look at his appearance, he was definitely an aristocrat. he was also familiar, but she couldn't identify who he is. she presumed it was one of the guests at ciel's masquerade party.

❝ please don't run away from my sight ever again, ❞ he huffed, evident concern displayed on his gentle features then he enlarged his bright emerald eyes once he stared at the other girl in the room, ❝ lady kirkham? ❞

actualization dawned on lady delores' expression, a small circle shape sculpted on her mouth in a surprised reaction, ❝ if it isn't mister midford. ❞ she stood up and strode towards him, wearing the typical expensive grin. her introduction began by extending her arm to shake his hand.