VIII. RING

ciel walked with a kind of saunter as if he hadn't a care in the world to the ballroom. he fastened back the mask on his face and carried the same usual impassive look. his eyes roamed in his surroundings, awaiting for a peculiar girl to pounce on him. roles were reversed whereas his betrothed was sprinting towards him with open wide arms. he huffed gratingly when his body almost plunged down but managed to sustain on the ground, surprisingly. elizabeth glowed with delight and made sure she firmly engulfed him. he was unconcerned of her own frivolous behavior, in some way he became accustomed to her frenzied excited interactions.

       at first, he was quite irritated whenever she visits and offers him a gigantic hug. but in truth, he was glad that she's still alive & breathing in his life. along with his aunt frances. beforehand, several people died in his living. he would angrily decline to his wishes if he lost another one. elizabeth was his source of light from a newly lit candle, and he didn't want anyone to blow it. he certainly loves her, however, it was much more of a different sentimental attraction. she was family to him, similar to a sibling or a cousin which she is, but there had been second thoughts when he wanted to break the engagement. he couldn't risk the actual fact that he's the queen's guard dog, yet he had to protect the people he loved the most. and she was one of them.

he also had a contract to finish with his one hell of a butler. revenge would be sweet, furthermore his soul. at least to the crimson-hued demon, sebastian michaelis. its no wonder ciel easily tolerates the terrorist from hell. as long as no one will disrupt their deal, everything will be all according to plan.

      ❝ ciel, i was so worried about you! ❞ she whimpered, a frown formed on her face after she removed herself from him, ❝ i couldn't find you and i was sorta beginning to have a panic attack after dancing with a boy who happens to know you. ❞ tenderly, she brought his hands to her own and glanced at him in concern. an evident blush lurked under his spruce colored bangs and he fought to eliminate his fluster.

        he furrowed his eyebrows once he erased his startling red demeanor, ❝ who was this boy? ❞ he asked, it couldn't be him like [your name] questioned him, could it be? footsteps sashayed on the glassy-textured ground and if anything, it was the most horrible sound in the entire world to his ears. a rough hand hovered on his shoulders and he rotated to see who it was.

❝ pleased to meet you, ciel, ❞ alois trancy, the queen's spider, ❝ glad to see your eye again. ❞ he giggled fervently while covering his mouth. elizabeth stood amidst them in all of their glaring silence. she sensed discomfort in the air so she saved ciel by hooking her arm on his.

      ❝ it's delightful to see you guys uh, reunite. isn't it, ciel? ❞ she grinned cheekily, but there was a little sweatdrop on her forehead, ❝ excuse us, lord trancy, my fiancé and i have to something to discuss. ❞ she bowed apologetically and yanked ciel to somewhere, but the blond stopped her actions.

      alois smirked when he recognize a flame swarming in ciel's eye, ❝ can that discussion hold? ❞ by design, he planted a soft kiss in the back of her palm, making the blue-haired male's blood boil. ciel definitely knew what his scheme was, and the goal was to push his buttons repeatedly.

unexpectedly, [your name] mincing to their direction, holding the handle of her mask and her eyes bored on his, ❝ i have found you, finally, darling, ❞ it took every fiber of her being not to gag as she hitches her arm around alois', ❝ oh, hello lady elizabeth and lord phantomhive. ❞ she bowed, expressing counterfeit to signify that no preposterous event happened previously.

❝ what are you— ❞ the fair-haired male scrunched his golden eyebrows, incredulous at her attempt mislead.

❝ my dearest, you appear strangely ill, ❞ she plucked a grape from a server holding a tray, ❝ here, have a grape. it's rather juicy and delicious. hopefully, it will fill color in your cheeks again. ❞ vigorously, she pushed the single fruit on his mouth and smiled with greedy satisfaction and stiffly pinched his cheek on purpose. she was amused by his struggling antics so on forth, she continued with her authentic-like performance. it was also entertaining for the young phantomhive, witnessing his enemy being under a humiliating circumstance.