XXXIV. NOT EVERYTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS

a cynical smirk stretched on the girl's features, her recent anger emotion dissolving at a stroke. her gleaming [your eye color] eyes shadowed in implying heinous shades, exhibiting a large crown of wicked under her calm pupil. she twisted her neck to the side, rendering her unsatisfied yet collected facial expression to the male clad in a pitch black.

      his lips curved into a disappointed frown, his narrowing red gaze towering over her in a feigned of pitiful sadness. he neglected her new range of personality then navigated his irises to whip up an inspection to the unconscious, ruined-headed man behind her. the man's condition was inauspiciously vulnerable considering the fact that his skull was blown mercilessly to a table.

       the necklace key that was secured on his neck feel loosely on the edge, brimming with shimmers under the dull and feeble source of light. a long broad of uneasiness swaddled in the air, that was predominantly produced from the bitter smirking girl. the seafoam-eyed witch moved a brow upward, absorbing in a brand amusement at the entrance of the devil.

lady delores' hands occupied on the sides of her hips, her nails digging on the fabric of her lately dressed-nightgown to refrain from showing her prominent fueling fury.

     she hosted an arousing pathetic staredown with the butler, afterward changing her snarky expression in a slanted and unamused face, ❝ what brings you here, seh-bass-chan? ❞ her use of syllables made sure to pronounce slowly in a tempting and superior emphasis. she studied him in a kind of way to watch a person carry the world on his shoulders, disgustingly in awe at him, ❝ did that wittle doggy sent you? just as i have thought. ❞ a searing vexation flickered on her as she softened her seething eyes.

      she sighed, almost triflingly as the current situation was. in a structured manner, she paced to the table and lingered behind the man. her elbows then rested on the table while her fingers threaded each other under her chin.

❝ my sudden approach of emergence was in my master's intentions and orders, ❞ his voice wafted in frankness as he confessed, placing a humble hand over his chest. she grimaced at his usage of tone, unnerved by his superiority, ❝ hm, your wild interrogation contrasted my prediction; which i thought you were going to return to the paintings. it appears my prediction was a failure, i must report this to the young master. ❞ something about his keening expression told the story otherwise that he wasn't going to inform the bluenette earl. he wanted to observe it unfold with more truthful answers, aside from the bubbling questions he digressed to pepper her.

she hummed in a distinct timbre, the noise rumbling her throat in a devious way, ❝ actually, you are right demon. we were about to go back to the paintings. but it appears you have hindered our process. such a nuisance, ❞ a click of her tongue was elicited after that and it seemed her usual demeanor was slowly stripping and distancing, ❝ buuut then againn, demons are considered to be a nuisance. i'm hoping you're not offended by that. after all, you vermins are fairly prideful to soak in people's words. ❞ a wolfish grin was strewn to her face like a smile glowing in the dark. it emitted an eerie apprehension in the atmosphere, which he gladly extended the same mutual feeling.

    just by her solid presence can send a bundle of scuttling needles to prickle someone's skin.

to ruin someone's skin.

❝ what shall i ever tell of my master's confidant's doings? ❞ sebastian mused to himself. a playful disdain frown was located on his face while he cupped his chin, absorbing into his own thoughts, ❝ it would be a shame if i go back and bring you unconsciously insentient. he would be disappointed in me. ❞