XIII. TRICK OR TREAT

hush flitted in the room and moonbeams illumined through the glasshouse of plants. the jointly & quiet smiles of the two girls uncannily released a macabre story that has more foreboding words to tell. it was deathly and placidly soundless, not a noise of a breeze nor a wind howled occurred. only the unearthly grins that plastered on both of their faces declared a terrible statement.

        in the bluenette's stomach coiled another suspenseful anxiety. he was speechless, unable to communicate given the fact that the girl coolly shoved the wooden box on his lap. notably, it was an unexpected movement, especially coming from the pick-pocketer. though, he gathered his courage and mustered to converse into his proper inform of words.

❝ i don't get why you're giving this back.. ❞ he faltered and closely studied the gem, his fingers delicately sliding on its rigid, icy surface, ❝ you have stolen one of the most sacred, cursed object in the world. ❞ he mentioned, almost stoically for this is because it appeared as an ordinary item. [your name] inspected his facial expression to see any clues of recognition.

a wicked shimmer casted on her cunning eyes, ❝ and yet you're wearing it. ❞ she addressed towards the ring that was worn on his thumb. a knowing smirk formed & stretched artfully on her mouth. ciel was taken aback by her attentive, heedful gaze. he took note of her affluent caution as he recalled the memories of her wanting to examine narrowly his accessory at the ball.

❝ i'm not going to fall into your credulous traps, i know your tricks lady kirkham— or shall i say, lady delores, ❞ once the last name rolled of his tongue, her posture went entirely ineflixable addition to the nasty expression dropped instantly, ❝ don't say that i wasn't hearing your conversation with your witch of a servant. i am a guard dog. ❞ he imitated.

she collected back to her main stance and snarled, rattling a shaky index digit in front of his face, ❝ you know nothing about me, phantomhive. ❞ stammered the now teary-eyed girl whose now choking in her mouthful of sobs.

❝ of course i don't know anything precise about you, but you also don't know anything about me, ❞ he retorted & idly lowered her hand from his front, ❝ you're such a hypocrite, you know that right? and would you please give me my original ring back? ❞

      she breathed out a hearty laugh, wiping her fake tears, ❝ ah, so you do know! ❞ out of the blue, she removed the false ring from his thumb and exchanged it with the one he was holding, ❝ on the contrary, i am a hypocrite and it's also one of my favorable benefits. ❞ she said proudly. he furrowed his eyebrows and closely checked on his accessory for any counterfeit hints. there was none.

❝ your acting skills never ceased to amaze me. ❞ he mumbled, with a lingering sarcasm.

         ❝ my pleasure, ❞ she thundered, her voice moving like music in the room, ❝ now take it before i change my mind. ❞ her rouge demeanor gradually rising as her hands gingerly held the box that contained the cursed jewel.

       he shot her a skeptic glance, ❝ no tricks? ❞

       ❝ ingen. ❞ she plainly responded, thoroughly watching him as he opened it, and her truthful statement promised him. there was the hope diamond, fresh in the material that sat on the comfortable cushions.

*ingen = no.

❝ norwegian, right? ❞ he asked, familiarize by the single world that blossomed from her mouth.

she hummed with false cheerfulness, tilting her head to the side, ❝ indubitably, ❞ then she turned her gaze towards veronica who kept a silent trance, ❝ my servant was correct about you being exclusively smart. that's just perfect for the perfect earl. ❞ snidely commented [your name], grasping her hips to the right.