IX. SHOTS FIRED

blood rushed through her brain and she could vividly hear it pumping violently. she cursed herself into a dizzy spell, drunkenly roaming around while trying to regain her balance. her hand was loosely placed on her cold forehead and she fell backward, but her back was pressed on a soft fabric cushion. with her [your eye color] eyes half-lidded, she sluggishly lifted her head up to greet a set of shamrock irises. she slipped out an enthusiastic laugh, accompanied by a wearied grin and instantly fainted in veronica's arms. the female butler keened her sight and ceased a bullet firing their way by effortlessly holding the gunshot between her two fingers. some might even say it was incredibly inconceivable to stop a speeding pellet, others think it's not welcomed to humanity itself.

      she lightly waved her hand above the unconscious girl to verify if she was cognitive. provokingly, a sigh left to her lips after throwing the lethal microscopic object to the side and it clanged on the tiled floor. it was ongoing that she was mercilessly shunning the velocity of bullets spewing in her direction while carrying her sleeping lady. she coursed towards a man whose disguised his face in a tattered sock mask as he was endlessly discharging his gun weapon on her figure, which was a fail since the fact he kept missing her. in a tremendous force, she ascended and stuck her feet to a wall, then later returned to kick his head. he dropped backward and grunted in response while tenderly touching his bleeding forehead. his pupils quaked out of fear after viewing his own red substance. lethargically, he raised his jutted chin up and was met by a scowling masked woman.

       ❝ what kind of brutal vixen are you? ❞ he timidly clasped his hands between his own unloaded gun while pointing at the towering woman, shaking terrified, ❝ you're a work of supernatural, you're not around from here, e-eh? ❞ the man equipped a precarious grin, yet he was still holding the weapon. she rolled her lime green irises and efficiently knocked the object out of his hands using the tip of her shoe buckle.

[your name] squirmed uneasily in her slumber and her brooch faded to its original color, white, ❝ indeed i don't belong to this place, ❞ she gazed down at her sleeping figure, ❝ i'm just a merely wicked servant, i stay devoted to my lady in the beginning until the end. now if you will please excuse me, i don't wanna waste my time on a redundant mutt like you— ❞ just as she was about to sharply turn her heels, her ankle was grabbed by him.

the man heaved and continuously blinked his eyes, ❝ i will give you information, if, ❞ he raised his slender index finger, ❝ you exchange it with that pretty girl you're carrying, hehe.. ❞ pointing at the subconscious girl she held in her arms, he broke out a grin. his expression faltered when he met a shoe that strikes on his face and gradually passed out.

❝ ugh, fools and their selfish bribery. ❞ the taste of bitter tickled her tongue as she said that. she nudged his body with her foot and sighed with relief when verifying he was fully out cold. withdrawing the scene as she avoided the screaming nobles, she hurried towards ciel.

he widened his distinct eye, ❝ something happened? ❞

❝ obviously, ❞ she pulled out a chair from a table and nestled [your name] on the seat, ❝ weren't you there with her when she dozed off? you're lucky i saved her. ❞ mumbled veronica vexingly while casually folding her arms.

his face churned into perplexity, ❝ what are you saying? as soon as gunshots were heard, everyone broke into turmoil and she was nowhere to be seen. ❞ he described and insensibly examined at her sleeping face.

veronica inspected at the opal and murmured incoherent words to herself, ❝ there must be a turbulence reaction that caused her to respond erratically this way, ❞ she rubbed on the round gemstone, ❝ perhaps there was something wrong. ❞